Indicadores Del Sector Mype Informal En El Perú: Valor Agregado, Potencial Exportador, Capacidad De Formalizarse Y Requerimientos De Normas Técnicas Peruanas De Sus Productos
AbstractBased upon the National Survey of Households of 2008 (INEI-ENAHO, 2009), this paper estimates a set of indicators of the microenterprises of the informal sector or Peru. This set shows, on the one hand, the importance of these firms in terms of employment generation and their potential contribution to the domestic and exportable output. On the other hand, it describes the productive features, barriers to formalization and their product bundle that requires the use of technical norms to be able to compete in exports markets. The analysis of this set of indicator suggests that formalization policy is not sufficient to promote the development and the inclusion of these firms to the formal productive apparatus of the economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú in its series Documentos de Trabajo with number 2011-310.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: published
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Universitaria 1801, San Miguel, Lima, Perú
Phone: (511) 626-2000 ext. 4950, 4951
Fax: (511) 626-2874
Web page: http://www.pucp.edu.pe/departamento/economia/
More information through EDIRC
MYPE informal / Normas Técnicas / Barreras Comerciales No Arancelarias. ;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-11 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Stefano Scarpetta & Gaëlle Pierre, . "Job Creation in Latin America and the Caribbean: Recent Trends and Policy Challenges," IDB Publications 59978, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Serven, Luis & Sugawara, Naotaka, 2009. "Informality in Latin America and the Caribbean," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4888, The World Bank.
- Alberto Chong & José Galdo & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví, 2007.
"Informality and Productivity in the Labor Market: Peru 1986 - 2001,"
Research Department Publications
4526, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- José Galdo & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Alberto E. Chong, 2007. "Informality and Productivity in the Labor Market: Peru 1986 - 2001," IDB Publications 6849, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.