Serving Producers In Volatile Times Report From The 2008 Large Commercial Producer Survey
AbstractPurdue University’s Center for Food and Agricultural Business undertook the 2008 Large Commercial Producer Survey with the goal of providing food and agribusiness firms with a clear depiction of the commercial producers—a group that purchases the majority of agricultural inputs. This survey summarizes the results of more than 2,500 farm operator interviews completed in January and February 2008. The center first conducted this survey in 1993 and collects new data every five years. This study offers a broad look at changes in farm businesses over time. In addition to demographic information, the questions specifically explore the goals, attitudes and buying behaviors of large commercial farming and ranching operations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics in its series Working Papers with number 09-09.
Length: 61 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
commercial producers; buying behavior; attitudes; demographic; goals; large farms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roucan-Kane, Maud & Alexander, Corinne E. & Boehlje, Michael & Downey, W. Scott & Gray, Allan W., 2011. "Large Commercial Producer Market Segments for Agricultural Capital Equipment," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 14(4).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Weber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.