Adjusting the CAPM for Threshold Effects: An Application to Food and Agribusiness Stocks
AbstractThe dynamics in stock returns and the market return for 21 food and agribusiness firms are estimated in a threshold switching-regression framework. Threshold adjustment levels and capital asset pricing model risk parameters are estimated and tested. Results indicate risk parameters differ for alternative regimes and are not constant over time. Accounting for periods of temporary disequilibrium leads to notably more stable risk measurement estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics in its series Working Papers with number 06-08.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
CAPM; Cointegration; Risk; Threshold;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-10-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-10-28 (Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2006-10-28 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2012. "The national bioenergy investment model: Technical documentation," MPRA Paper 37835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Weber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.