The Response of Oil Contracts to Extreme Price Movoments
AbstractThis study examines the response of oil contracts to extreme price movements. The chosen contract form is a Production-Sharing Agreement (PSA) which is the oil industry's equivalent of sharecropping and one of the most commonly used contractual agreements. We show that only the two significant price increases in the 1970s and only the price falls in the early 1980s and the early 1990s triggered a response in the terms offered by PSAs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Oxford, Department of Economics in its series Economics Series Working Papers with number 9929.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
PRICES ; CONTRACTS ; PETROLEUM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feng, Zhuo & Zhang, Shui-Bo & Gao, Ying, 2014. "On oil investment and production: A comparison of production sharing contracts and buyback contracts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 395-402.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Wise).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.