Intellectual Property at the Firm-Level in the UK: The Oxford Firm-Level Intellectual Property Database
AbstractThis paper provides an overview of a new database that contains intellectual property data - in the form of patents and trademarks - for the population of firms registered in the UK.� The paper discusses the principal challenges involved in the construction of this integrated database and provides an explanation of the approach taken to address these issues.� We employ the integrated dataset to provide descriptive evidence on the firm-level use of intellectual property - including patents and trademarks - in the UK over the period 2000-2007.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Oxford, Department of Economics in its series Economics Series Working Papers with number 546.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Firm; Patents; Trademarks; Matching;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O12 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2011-04-23 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2011-04-23 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-TID-2011-04-23 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers, 2011.
"Is the Dragon Learning to Fly? An Analysis of the Chinese Patent Explosion,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/2011-15, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers & Zhihong Yu, . "Is the Dragon Learning to Fly? An Analysis of the Chinese Patent Explosion," Discussion Papers 11/16, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers & Zhihong Yu, 2011. "Is the Dragon Learning to Fly? An Analysis of the Chinese Patent Explosion," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-15, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Henry Overman & Christian Helmers, 2013. "My precious! The location and di_x000B_ffusion of scientifi_x000C_c research: evidence from the Synchrotron Diamond Light Source," ERSA conference papers ersa13p654, European Regional Science Association.
- Christian Helmers & Henry Overman, 2013. "My Precious! The Location and Diffusion of Scientific Research: Evidence from the Synchrotron Diamond Light Source," SERC Discussion Papers 0131, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers, 2010. "Untested Assumptions and Data Slicing: A Critical Review of Firm-Level Production Function Estimators," Economics Series Working Papers 513, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Fosfuri, A. & Helmers, C. & Roux, C., 2012. "Are joint patents collusive? Evidence from the US and Europe," Discussion Paper 2012-035, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Patrick Llerena & Valentine Millot, 2013. "Are Trade Marks and Patents Complementary or Substitute Protections for Innovation," Working Papers of BETA 2013-01, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Wise).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.