Discussion of The Forward Search: Theory and Data Analysis
AbstractThe paper by Atkinson, Riani and Ceroli, henceforth ARC, is concerned with detection of outliers and unsuspected structures which is rather important in practice.� This is done through a Forward Search Algorithm.� The statistical analysis of such algorithms poses many challenging problems, and we would like to contribute to the theory of the algorithm in this discussion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Oxford, Department of Economics in its series Economics Series Working Papers with number 2010-W02.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2010
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Søren Johansen & Bent Nielsen, 2013.
"Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search,"
CREATES Research Papers
2013-05, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Bent Nielsen & Soren Johansen, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search," Economics Series Working Papers 2013-W02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bent Nielsen & Søren Johansen, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search," Economics Papers 2013-W02, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Søren Johansen & Bent Nielsen, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search," Discussion Papers 13-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Cerioli, Andrea & Farcomeni, Alessio & Riani, Marco, 2014. "Strong consistency and robustness of the Forward Search estimator of multivariate location and scatter," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 167-183.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Wise).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.