Issues Facing the Japanese Labor Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ohio State University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 05-01.
Date of creation: Jun 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 410 Arps Hall 1945 North High Street Columbus, Ohio 43210-1172
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scott M. Fuess, 2003. "Immigration Policy and Highly Skilled Workers: The Case of Japan," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(2), pages 243-257, 04.
- Killingsworth, Mark R. & Heckman, James J., 1987. "Female labor supply: A survey," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 103-204 Elsevier.
- David G. Blanchflower & Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan00-1.
- Steven D. Levitt, 1998.
"Juvenile Crime and Punishment,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1156-1185, December.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "Disadvantaged Young Men and Crime," NBER Chapters, in: Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries, pages 215-246 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000.
"Gender Differences in Pay,"
NBER Working Papers
7732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- David G. Blanchflower & Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "The Declining Economic Status of Young Workers in OECD Countries," NBER Chapters, in: Youth Employment and Joblessness in Advanced Countries, pages 19-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hashimoto, Mansanori, 1993. "Aspects of Labor Market Adjustments in Japan," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 136-61, January.
- Hiroyuki Chuma & Takao Kato & Isao Ohashi, 2004. "What Japanese Workers Want: Evidence from the Japanese Worker Representation and Participation Survey," Discussion papers 04019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hashimoto, Masanori & Raisian, John, 1985. "Employment Tenure and Earnings Profiles in Japan and the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 721-35, September.
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1981. "Firm-Specific Human Capital as a Shared Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 475-82, June.
- Pablo, Agnese & Hector, Sala, 2008. "Unemployment in Japan: A look at the ‘lost decade’," MPRA Paper 14332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fujii, Mayu & Shiraishi, Kousuke & Takayama, Noriyuki, 2013. "The Determinants and Effects of Early Job Separation in Japan," CIS Discussion paper series 590, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Agnese, Pablo & Sala, Hector, 2009.
"The fading 1990s in Japan: Driving forces behind the unemployment upsurge,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 428-439, June.
- Agnese, Pablo & Sala, Hector, 2008. "The fading 1990s in Japan: Driving forces behind the unemployment upsurge," MPRA Paper 16501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kondo, Ayako, 2007. "Does the first job really matter? State dependency in employment status in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 379-402, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Slaughter).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.