Regional Development in Kazakhstan
AbstractThis paper presents an overview of Kazakhstan’s regional development based on a description of principal economic and social indicators. The focus is on administratively defined regions (oblasts) of Kazakhstan. The main goal pursued in this report is to examine specific features of socio-economic development in particular regions of the country
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies) in its series Memoranda - Policy Papers with number 47.
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2010-07-03 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-GEO-2010-07-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2010-07-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Kathryn & Pomfret, Richard, 2004. "Spatial Inequality and Development in Central Asia," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Miriam Frey & Carmen Wieslhuber, 2011. "Do Kazakh Regions Converge?," Memoranda - Policy Papers 52, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Barbara Dietz & Kseniia Gatskova & Achim Schmillen, 2011. "Migration and Remittances in Kazakhstan: First Evidence from a Household Survey," Working Papers 304, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Frey, Daniel & Frey, Miriam & Wieslhuber, Carmen, 2013.
"Do natural resources define convergence clubs? Empirical evidence from the Kazakh regions,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 404-414.
- Miriam Frey & Carmen Wieslhuber & Daniel Frey, 2013. "Do Natural Resources Define Convergence Clubs? Empirical Evidence from the Kazakh Regions," Working Papers 329, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterina Selezneva).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.