Dynamic analysis of a renewable resource in a small open economy: The role of environmental policies for the environment
AbstractWe examine the effects of environmental policies such as a subsidy for reforestation and an export-income tax in a small open economy with a renewable resource. In the small economy, the harvested renewable resources are exported to acquire foreign assets and consumers can invest in the natural resource to preserve it. In the setup, using a phase diagram, we show how the environmental policies affect the natural resource and the domestic economy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) in its series Discussion Papers in Economics and Business with number 10-21.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2010
Date of revision:
Renewable resources; The effects of environmental policies.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-07-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-07-24 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2010-07-24 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ayong Le Kama, Alain D., 2001. "Sustainable growth, renewable resources and pollution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1911-1918, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.