Regional Currency Arrangements in North America
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank) in its series Working Papers with number 121.
Date of creation: 02 May 2006
Date of revision:
Postal: Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Economic Studies Division, c/o Beate Hofbauer-Berlakovich, POB 61, A-1011 Vienna, Austria
Other versions of this item:
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-24 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MON-2006-06-24 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spitzer, Martin & Schneider, Martin, 2004. "Forecasting Austrian GDP using the generalized dynamic factor model," Working Papers 89, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Courchene, Thomas J. & Harris, Richard G., 2000. "North American Monetary Union: analytical principles and operational guidelines," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-18, August.
- Murray, John, 2000. "Why Canada needs a flexible exchange rate," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 41-60, August.
- Andrew Berg & Eduardo Borensztein, 2000.
"The Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Monetary Target in Highly Dollarized Economies,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 285-324, November.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Andrew Berg, 2000. "The Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Monetary Target in Highly Dollarized Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Valderrama, Maria Teresa & Kaufmann, Sylvia, 2004. "Modeling Credit Aggregates," Working Papers 90, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
NBER Working Papers
5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-25, July.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "No Single Currency Regime is Right for All Countries or At All Times," NBER Working Papers 7338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gnan, Ernest & Ritzberger-Grünwald, Doris & Cuaresma, Jesus Crespo, 2003.
"Searching for the Natural Rate of Interest: a Euro-Area Perspective,"
84, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- JesÃºs Cuaresma & Ernest Gnan & Doris Ritzberger-Gruenwald, 2004. "Searching for the natural rate of interest: a euro area perspective," Empirica, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 185-204, June.
- Siklos, Pierre L., 2006. "Managed floating as a strategy to achieve selected monetary policy objectives," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(5-6), pages 447-464.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés-Serra & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," Research Department Publications 4170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduard H. Hochreiter & Pierre L. Siklos, 2004.
"From Floating to Monetary Union: The Economic Distance between Exchange Rate Regimes,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Pierre Siklos, 2004. "From Floating to Monetary Union: The Economic Distance between Exchange Rate Regimes," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2004/5 edited by Morten Balling.
- Murray, John & Schembri, Lawrence & St-Amant, Pierre, 2003. "Revisiting the case for flexible exchange rates in North America," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 207-240, August.
- Chiquiar, Daniel & Ramos-Francia, Manuel, 2005. "Trade and business-cycle synchronization: evidence from Mexican and U.S. manufacturing industries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 187-216, August.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Brown, Ryan & Balli, Faruk, 2011.
"On the Feasibility of Monetary Union: Does It Make Sense to Look for Shocks Symmetry across Countries When None of the Countries Constitutes an Optimum Currency Area?,"
39942, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Brown, Ryan & Balli, Faruk, 2011. "On the feasibility of monetary union: Does it make sense to look for shocks symmetry across countries when none of the countries constitutes an optimum currency area?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2701-2718.
- Garcia-Jimenez, Carlos I. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2010. "The Effects of Public Debt on Labor Demand in the United States," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56361, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- John Williamson, 2006.
"A Worldwide System of Reference Rates,"
45, Bank of Greece.
- Alexandros E. Milionis, 2006. "An Alternative Definition of Market Efficiency and some Comments on its Empirical Testing," Working Papers 50, Bank of Greece.
- Louis, Rosmy J & Brown, Ryan & Balli, Faruk, 2009. "Are Mortgage Rates Bubbling Up Trouble for Canadas Metropolitan Housing Sector?," MPRA Paper 17245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miankhel, Adil Khan & Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Thangavelu, Shandre, 2010. "Integration, decoupling and the global financial crisis: A global perspective," MPRA Paper 22837, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Knell and Helmut Stix).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.