Global Overview of Innovative Activities from the Patent Indicators Perspective
AbstractThis paper provides an overview of innovative activities across a wide range of OECD member and non-member countries, based on international comparable patent indicators. Patent data are frequently used to measure innovative activities, because patent-based indicators reflect the inventive performance of countries, regions, firms, as well as other aspects of the dynamics of the innovation process. Aperçu des activités innovantes au travers d'indicateurs basés sur les brevets Ce document propose un aperçu des activités en matière d’innovation dans un grand nombre de pays de l’OCDE et quelques non membres, au travers d’indicateurs basés sur les brevets. Les données sur les brevets sont souvent utilisées pour mesurer les activités d’innovation. Elles reflètent en effet la performance de pays, régions, entreprises en matière d’innovation, et d’autres aspects de la dynamique du processus d’innovation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers with number 2006/3.
Date of creation: 02 May 2006
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2006-07-09 (Innovation)
- NEP-MIC-2006-07-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2006-07-09 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shin, Juneseuk & Park, Yongtae, 2007. "Building the national ICT frontier: The case of Korea," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 249-277, June.
- Michel, Julie, 2007. "The effects of FDI in R&D on home countries, the case of Switzerland," MPRA Paper 6400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rafael Boix, 2008.
"Industrial districts, innovation and I-district effect: territory or industrial specialization?,"
wpdea0807, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Rafael Boix & Joan Trullén, 2009. "Industrial Districts, Innovation and I-district Effect: Territory or Industrial Specialization?," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(10), pages 1707-1729, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.