Governance Indicators for Development
AbstractThe use of governance “indicators” is booming. These indicators are supposed to quantify the quality of a country’s governance institutions by considering, for example, the extent of corruption in the economy, the quality of public and private regulatory systems, the prevalence of “rule of law”, the level of political stability, and the effectiveness of government.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Development Centre Policy Insights with number 33.
Date of creation: Nov 2006
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauricio Cárdenas, 2007. "Economic Growth in Colombia: a Reversal of “Fortune”?," WORKING PAPERS SERIES. DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 009193, FEDESARROLLO.
- Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud & Jean-Michel Wachsberger, 2013. "Institutions, gouvernance et croissance de long terme à Madagascar : l'enigme et le paradoxe," Working Papers DT/2013/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Gamberger, Dragan & Smuc, Tomislav, 2013. "Good governance problems and recent financial crises in some EU countries," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 7(41), pages 1-20.
- Weber Abramo, Claudio, 2008. "How Much Do Perceptions of Corruption Really Tell Us?," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 2(3), pages 1-56.
- Hannes Öhler & Peter Nunnenkamp & Axel Dreher, 2011.
"Does Conditionality Work? A Test for an Innovative US Aid Scheme,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3454, CESifo Group Munich.
- Öhler, Hannes & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Dreher, Axel, 2012. "Does conditionality work? A test for an innovative US aid scheme," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 138-153.
- Hannes Öhler & Peter Nunnenkamp & Axel Dreher, 2010. "Does Conditionality Work? A Test for an Innovative US Aid Scheme," Kiel Working Papers 1630, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Hannes Öhler & Peter Nunnenkamp & Axel Dreher, 2010. "Does Conditionality Work? A Test for an Innovative US Aid Scheme," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 34, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Öhler, Hannes & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Dreher, Axel, 2010. "Does conditionality work? A test for an innovative US aid scheme," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 103, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Thorsten Drautzburg & Andrea Gawrich & Inna Melnykovska, 2008. "Institutional Convergence of CIS Towards European Benchmarks," CASE Network Reports 0082, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Reyes Calderón & José Luís Álvarez Arce, . "Corruption, Complexity and Governance," Faculty Working Papers 11/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2007. "The worldwide governance indicators project : answering the critics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4149, The World Bank.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Aart Kraay, 2008.
"Governance Indicators: Where Are We, Where Should We Be Going?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart, 2007. "Governance indicators : where are we, where should we be going ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4370, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart, 2008. "Governance Indicators: Where Are We, Where Should We Be Going?," MPRA Paper 8212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anja Rohwer, 2009. "Measuring Corruption: A Comparison between the Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index and the World Bank's Worldwide Governance Indicators," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 7(3), pages 42-52, October.
- Kenny, Charles, 2006. "Measuring and reducing the impact of corruption in infrastructure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4099, The World Bank.
- Ebenezer A Olubiyi, 2013. "Workers’ Remittances, Governance Institution and Private Investment in Nigeria," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 5(1), pages 063-081, June.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Nada Kobeissi, 2010. "Role of Governance and Institutional Environment in Affecting Cross Border M&As, Alliances and Project Financing: Evidence from Emerging Markets," CEIS Research Paper 156, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
- Maksym Ivanyna & Anwar Shah, 2011. "Citizen-centric Governance Indicators: Measuring and Monitoring Governance by Listening to the People," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(1), pages 59-71, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.