Policy Measures Addressing Agri-environmental Issues
AbstractThis report focuses on the developments in the overall range of policies addressing environmental issues in agriculture in OECD countries in the past decade (since the mid 1990s). It is undertaken from the perspective of the environmental objectives pursued by the policies and from the perspective of the policy measures used. OECD countries use different mixes of policy instruments to achieve their various environmental objectives where markets for externalities and public goods are missing. The policy instruments applied are the reflection of the overall policy approach to the sector; the specific environmental issues and their perceived linkage to agriculture activities; the nature of property rights related to the use of natural resources (land, water); and societal concerns related to environmental issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers with number 24.
Date of creation: 16 Mar 2010
Date of revision:
agricultural policy; agri-environmental measures; agri-environmental payments; environmental regulations; environmental policies;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-05-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2010-05-22 (Environmental Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uetake, Tetsuya, 2012. "Providing Agri-environmental Public Goods through Collective Action: Lessons from New Zealand Case Studies," 2012 Conference, August 31, 2012, Nelson, New Zealand 136071, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Uetake, Tetsuya, 2014. "Distribution of Burdens for Providing Agri-environmental Public Goods and Application of Reference Level Framework," 140th Seminar, December 13-15, 2013, Perugia, Italy 163344, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- James Shortle & Richard D. Horan, 2013. "Policy Instruments for Water Quality Protection," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 111-138, June.
- Juvancic, Luka & Travnikar, Tanja & Glavan, Matjaz & Cvejic, Rozalija & Pintar, Marina, 2012. "Targeting And Spatial Impacts Of Agri-Environmental Support – Spatial Econometric Analysis Of Agri–Environmental Measures In Slovenia," 132nd Seminar, October 25-27, 2012, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia 139491, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.