Not a jobless recovery, just a slow one
AbstractWe compare the current recovery in the New Zealand economy with the recoveries from the previous two recessions, focusing on the developments in the labour market. By way of comparison, we contrast the New Zealand situation with that of the United States, during its current and previous two recessions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Reserve Bank of New Zealand in its series Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series with number AN2012/06.
Length: 13 p.
Date of creation: Sep 2012
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-17 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012.
"Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 9-30, December.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012. "Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 18085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012. "Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation," Working Papers 630, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012. "Slow recoveries: A structural interpretation," Economics Working Papers 1317, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Galí, Jordi & Smets, Frank & Wouters, Rafael, 2012. "Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Aarti Singh, 2003. "A closer look at jobless recoveries," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-73.
- Michael Reddell & Cath, Sleeman, 2008. "Some perspectives on past recessions," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 71, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.