A note on the determinants of inflation starts in the OECD
AbstractBoschen and Weise (Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, (2003)) model the probability of a large upturn in inflation. We extend their work to show that openness to trade exerts a negative effect on the probability of such an event.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford in its series Economics Papers with number 2004-W11.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: 10 May 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nuff.ox.ac.uk/economics/
Inflation starts; trade openness.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-05-26 (European Economics)
- NEP-MON-2004-05-16 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2000. "Inflation and output forecasts for South Africa: monetary transmission implications," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-23, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Boschen, John F & Weise, Charles L, 2003. " What Starts Inflation: Evidence from the OECD Countries," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 323-49, June.
- Mosayeb PAHLAVANI & Mohammad RAHIMI, 2009. "Sources of Inflation in Iran: An application of the ARDL Approach," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Gregory Connor & Matthias Hagmann & Oliver Linton, 2007.
"Efficient Estimation of a Semiparametric Characteristic- Based Factor Model of Security Returns,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
07-26, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Gregory Connor & Matthias Hagmann & Oliver Linton, 2007. "Efficient Estimation of a SemiparametricCharacteristic-Based Factor Model of Security Returns," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2007/524, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Gregory Connor & Oliver Linton & Matthias Hagmann, 2007. "Efficient Estimation of a Semiparametric Characteristic-Based Factor Model of Security Returns," FMG Discussion Papers dp599, Financial Markets Group.
- Dizaji, S.F., 2011. "Analysis of domestic price and inflation determinants in Iran (as a developing oil-export based economy)," ISS Working Papers - General Series 530, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University (ISS), The Hague.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.