Education and Economic Growth
AbstractThis paper provides a survey of work on the link between education and economic growth.It shows that data from the early 20th century are coherent with conclusions about education and economic growth derived from the much more recent past. It also presents an analysis of the role of education in facilitating the use of best-practice technology. It is to be published in the International Handbook on the Economics of Education edited by G and J. Johnes and published by Edward Elgar.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic and Social Research in its series NIESR Discussion Papers with number 221.
Date of creation: Jul 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street Smith Square London SW1P 3HE
Web page: http://niesr.ac.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Public schools & charities: a paradox?
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2009-07-20 14:15:20
- Milenko PopoviÄ‡, 2006.
"Capital Augmenting And Labor Augmenting Approach In Measuring Contribution Of Human Capital And Education To Economic Growth,"
Montenegrin Journal of Economics,
Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 2(4), pages 71-108.
- Popović, Milenko, 2006. "Capital Augmenting and Labor Augmenting Approach in Measuring Contribution of Human Capital and Education to Economic Growth," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Milenko Popovic, 2005. "Capital Augmenting and Labor Augmenting Approach in Measuring Contribution of Human Capital and Education to Economic Growth," Development and Comp Systems 0502002, EconWPA.
- Toivanen, Otto & Väänänen, Lotta, 2011. "Education and Invention," CEPR Discussion Papers 8537, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Milenko Popovic, 2007.
"Rising Wage Inequality, Rate Of Return On Investment In Education, And Cost Of Education,"
Montenegrin Journal of Economics,
Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 3(5), pages 35-58.
- Popović, Milenko, 2007. "Rising Wage Inequality, Rate of Return on Investment in Education and Cost of Education," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Popovic, Milenko, 2007. "Rising Wage Inequality, Rate Of Return On Investment In Education, And Cost Of Education," MPRA Paper 6049, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mok, Penny & Mason, Geoff & Stevens, Philip & Timmins, Jason, 2012. "A Good Worker is Hard to Find: Skills Shortages in New Zealand Firms," Occasional Papers 12/5, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Simeonova-Ganeva, Ralitsa, 2006.
"Влияние На Човешкия Капитал Върху Икономическия Растеж (България, 1949-2005 Г.)
[The Impact of Human Capital on the Economic Growth (Bulgari," MPRA Paper 37244, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loredana-Ioana Pribac, 2011. "Education – A Factor In The Eu Economic Growth," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 171-176, December.
- Donata Favaro & Eniel Ninka & Margherita Turvani, 2011. "Human capital, technology intensity and growth in a regional context," ERSA conference papers ersa10p687, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Communications Manager).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.