Financial Constraints, the Distribution of Wealth and International Trade
AbstractWe develop a simple theoretical model to examine the impact of the distribution of wealth on the patterns of trade when capital markets are imperfect. Our model predicts that the dispersion of wealth can be a determinant of comparative advantage for low-income countries with poor financial institutions. We find support for these prediction using export and financial panel data from a large sample of countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM) in its series Discussion Papers with number 10/06.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: School of Economics University of Nottingham University Park Nottingham NG7 2RD
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/cfcm/index.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Emmanuel Amissah & Spiros Bougheas & Rod Falvey, 2011. "Financial Constraints, the Distribution of Wealth and International Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34, pages 707-724, 05.
- Emmanuel Ammissah & Spiros Bougheas & Rod Falvey, . "Financial Constraints, the Distribution of Wealth and International Trade," Discussion Papers 10/17, University of Nottingham, GEP.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duong, Tran Lam Anh, 2013. "An Analysis of Changes in Wealth Distribution upon the Entrance of Foreign Direct Investment Firms," Discussion Papers, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University 2013-09, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Spiros Bougheas & Rod Falvey, 2014.
"The Impact of Financial Constraints and Wealth Inequality on International Trade Flows, Capital Movements and Entrepreneurial Migration,"
CESifo Working Paper Series, CESifo Group Munich
4775, CESifo Group Munich.
- Spiros Bougheas & Rod Falvey, 2014. "The Impact of Financial Constraints and Wealth Inequality on International Trade Flows, Capital Movements and Entrepreneurial Migration," Discussion Papers 2014-04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.