Chained Trips in Montgomery County, Maryland
AbstractThis paper analyzes the 1987-88 Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments home interview survey to understand how work trips are combined into trip chains and to relate trip chaining with demographic and travel characteristics. The focus is on the work trips during the morning and afternoon peak period and the stops made on the way for performing nonwork activities. The work trips during the afternoon period are much more likely to involve trip chaining as compared to the morning period. Women are more likely to link work trips with other activities as compared to men. Stops are closer to home than work. .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group in its series Working Papers with number 199504.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ITE Journal May 1995 27-32.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Dept. of Civil Engineering, 500 Pillsbury Drive SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: +01 (612) 625-6354
Fax: +01 (612) 626-7750
Web page: http://nexus.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Avigail Ferdman & Dani Shefer & Shlomo Bekhor, 2005. "Modelling Joint Development of Light Rail Transit Stations and Land Use - The Case of Tel-Aviv," ERSA conference papers ersa05p401, European Regional Science Association.
- Tong, Daoqin & Ren, Fang & Mack, James, 2012. "Locating farmers’ markets with an incorporation of spatio-temporal variation," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 149-156.
- David Levinson & Ajay Kumar, 1995. "Activity, Travel, and the Allocation of Time," Working Papers 199505, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Subbarao, S.S.V. & Krishna Rao, K,V., 2013. "Trip Chaining Behavior in Developing Countries: A Study of Mumbai Metropolitan Region, India," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 53, pages 7.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Levinson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.