Farsightedly Stable Matchings
AbstractWe study the properties of von Neumann-Morgenstern farsightedly stable sets in application to matching models. We show that the result by Diamantoudi and Xue (2003) for hedonic games can be extended to a general matching with contracts framework: a collection of singleton stable sets constitutes a weak core of the matching with contracts game. We also show that singleton stable sets are invariant under different contractual languages.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NET Institute in its series Working Papers with number 12-26.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.NETinst.org/
farsighted stable sets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2012-11-03 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2012-11-03 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2011.
"Farsighted Stability for Roommate Markets,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 13(6), pages 921-933, December.
- Bettina-Elisabeth Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2009. "Farsighted Stability for Roommate Markets," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-135, Harvard Business School.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2009. "Farsighted Stability for Roommate Markets," Working Papers 385, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Licun Xue, .
"Farsighted Stability in Hedonic Games,"
Economics Working Papers
2000-12, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Michael Ostrovsky, 2008. "Stability in Supply Chain Networks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 897-923, June.
- Hideo Konishi & M. Utku Ünver, 2003.
"Credible Group Stability in Many-to-Many Matching Problems,"
Game Theory and Information
0309005, EconWPA, revised 06 Sep 2003.
- Konishi, Hideo & Unver, M. Utku, 2006. "Credible group stability in many-to-many matching problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 57-80, July.
- Hideo Konishi & M. Utku Unver, 2003. "Credible Group-Stability in Many-to-Many Matching Problems," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 570, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 19 Jan 2005.
- Kominers, Scott Duke, 2012. "On the correspondence of contracts to salaries in (many-to-many) matching," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 984-989.
- John William Hatfield & Scott Duke Kominers & Alexandru Nichifor & Michael Ostrovsky & Alexander Westkamp, 2013. "Stability and Competitive Equilibrium in Trading Networks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(5), pages 966 - 1005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.