Nonparametric structural analysis of discrete data: the quantile-based control function approach
AbstractThe first chapter is introduction and Chapter 2 proposes formal frameworks for identifiability and testability of structural features allowing for set identification. The results in Chapter 2 are used in other chapters. The second section of Chapter 3, Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 contain new results. Chapter 3 has two sections. The first section introduces the quantile-based control function approach (QCFA) proposed by Chesher (2003) to compare and contrast other results in Chapter 4 and 5. The second section contains new findings on the local endogeneity bias and testability of endogeneity. Chapter 4 assumes that the structural relations are differentiable and applies the QCFA to several models for discrete outcomes. Chapter 4 reports point identification results of partial derivatives with respect to a continuously varying endogenous variable. Chapter 5 relaxes differentiability assumptions and apply the QCFA with an ordered discrete endogeneous variable. The model in Chapter 5 set identifies partial differences of a nonseparable structural function.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University College London in its series Open Access publications from University College London with number http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/516136/.
Date of creation: 28 Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ucl.ac.uk
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Bontemps & Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2012.
"Set Identified Linear Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 1129-1155, 05.
- Christian Bontemps & Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2011. "Set identified linear models," CeMMAP working papers CWP13/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bontemps, Christian & Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2009. "Set Identified Linear Models," TSE Working Papers 09-090, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Bontemps, Christian & Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2007. "Set Identified Linear Models," IDEI Working Papers 494, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Khan, Shakeeb & Tamer, Elie, 2007. "Partial rank estimation of duration models with general forms of censoring," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 251-280, January.
- Blundell, Richard & Gosling, Amanda & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Meghir, Costas, 2004.
"Changes in the Distribution of Male and Female Wages Accounting for Employment Composition Using Bounds,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1350, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard Blundell & Amanda Gosling & Hidehiko Ichimura & Costas Meghir, 2007. "Changes in the Distribution of Male and Female Wages Accounting for Employment Composition Using Bounds," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(2), pages 323-363, 03.
- Richard Blundell & Amanda Gosling & Hidehiko Ichimura & Costas Meghir, 2004. "Changes in the distribution of male and female wages accounting for employment composition using bounds," IFS Working Papers W04/25, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard William & Gosling, Amanda & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Meghir, Costas, 2004. "Changes in the Distribution of Male and Female Wages Accounting for Employment Composition Using Bounds," CEPR Discussion Papers 4705, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Blundell & Amanda Gosling & Hidehiko Ichimura & Costas Meghir, 2006. "Changes in the Distribution of Male and Female Wages Accounting for Employment Composition Using Bounds," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-420, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Firpo, Sergio Pinheiro & Ridder, Geert, 2010. "Bounds on functionals of the distribution treatment effects," Textos para discussÃ£o 201, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kieron Jones).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.