Moment conditions for dynamic panel data models with multiplicative individual effects in the conditional variance
AbstractMoment conditions are derived for dynamic linear panel data models with linear individual specific effects in the mean and multiplicative individual effects in the conditional ARCH type variance function. The relation and correlation between the linear and multiplicative effects are unrestrained. Moment conditions are derived for non-autocorrelated error processes, MA(q) processes, and for models that allow for time varying parameters on both the linear mean effects and multiplicative variance effects. The small sample performance of a GMM estimator is investigated in a Monte Carlo simulation study.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University College London in its series Open Access publications from University College London with number http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/14947/.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Annales d'Economie et de Statistique (1999) v.55, p.317-330
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ucl.ac.uk
Other versions of this item:
- Costas MEGHIR & Frank WINDMEIJER, 1999. "Moment Conditions for Dynamic Panel Data Models with Multiplicative Individual Effects in the Conditional Variance," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 55-56, pages 317-330.
- Costas Meghir & Frank Windmeijer, 1997. "Moment conditions for dynamic panel data models with multiplicative individual effects in the conditional variance," IFS Working Papers W97/21, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:13:y:1997:i:5:p:667-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1997. "Multiplicative Panel Data Models Without the Strict Exogeneity Assumption," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(05), pages 667-678, October.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
IFS Working Papers
W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, . "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Hall, Peter & Horowitz, Joel L, 1996. "Bootstrap Critical Values for Tests Based on Generalized-Method-of-Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 891-916, July.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1988.
"Estimating Vector Autoregressions with Panel Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1371-95, November.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to demonstrate IV estimation of VAR in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTZ00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ahn, Seung C. & Schmidt, Peter, 1995. "Efficient estimation of models for dynamic panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 5-27, July.
- Costas Meghir & Luigi Pistaferri, 2001.
"Income variance dynamics and heterogenity,"
IFS Working Papers
W01/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hospido, Laura, 2010.
"Modelling Heterogeneity and Dynamics in the Volatility of Individual Wages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- L. Hospido, 2012. "Modelling heterogeneity and dynamics in the volatility of individual wages," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 386-414, 04.
- Laura Hospido, 2007. "Modelling Heterogeneity And Dynamics In The Volatility Of Individual Wages," Working Papers wp2007_0717, CEMFI.
- Laura Hospido, 2007. "Modelling heterogeneity and dynamics in the volatility of individual wages," Banco de EspaÃÂ±a Working Papers 0738, Banco de EspaÃ±a.
- Chihwa Kao & Yongmiao Hong, 2004. "Detecting Neglected Nonlinearity in Dynamic Panel Data with Time-Varying Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 753, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kieron Jones).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.