Quality Based Rankings of Irish Economists 1990-2000
AbstractWe use three different quality based rankings of the publishing record of Irish based economists in academic journals during the period 1990-2000 and 1995-2000. While individual rankings are sensitive to the range of journals sampled, the nature of the weights used in the ranking of the journals and the time span, a similar set of top economists are produced by the alternative rankings.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University College Dublin in its series Open Access publications from University College Dublin with number urn:hdl:10197/997.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Economic and social review (2003) v.34, p.145-149
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie
Other versions of this item:
- Tom Coupé & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2003. "Quality Based Rankings of Irish Economists 1990-2000," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(2), pages 145-149.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Frances P. Ruane & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007.
"Centres of Research Excellence in Economics in the Republic of Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 38(3), pages 289â322.
- Frances Ruane & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "Centres of Research Excellence in Economics in the Republic of Ireland," Papers WP180, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Benoit, Kenneth & Marsh, Michael, 2009. "A Relative Impact Ranking of Political Studies In Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 40(3), pages 269-298.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joseph Greene).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.