New evidence on the fertility transition in Ireland 1880-1911
AbstractRecent analyses of Ireland's marital fertility transition based on the Princeton Ig and the Stanford CPA measures are reassessed. Revised county estimates of Ig are subjected to regression analysis, and added insight into CPA is offered by comparing Ireland with Scotland and applying the measure to three specially constructed local data sets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University College Dublin in its series Open Access publications from University College Dublin with number urn:hdl:10197/402.
Date of creation: Nov 1991
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Demography (1991-11) v.28, p.535-548
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie
Other versions of this item:
- Cormac Gráda, 1991. "New evidence on the fertility transition in Ireland 1880–1911," Demography, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 535-548, November.
- O'Gráda, Cormac, 1991. "New Evidence on the Fertility Transition in Ireland 1880-1911," CEPR Discussion Papers 531, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul David & Thomas Mroz & Warren Sanderson & Kenneth Wachter & David Weir, 1988. "Cohort parity analysis: Statistical estimates of the extent of fertility control," Demography, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 163-188, May.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 1988. "Duration of Marriage, Fertility and Female Employment Opportunities in England and Wales in 1911," CEPR Discussion Papers 252, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ó Gráda, Cormac, 2006.
"Dublin Jewish demography a century ago,"
Open Access publications from University College Dublin
urn:hdl:10197/488, University College Dublin.
- Alan Fernihough, 2011. "Human Capital and the Quantity-Quality Trade-Off during the Demographic Transition: New Evidence from Ireland," Working Papers 201113, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Timothy W Guinnane & Carolyn M Moehling & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2004.
"The Fertility of the Irish in the United States in 1910,"
200402, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Guinnane, Timothy W. & Moehling, Carolyn M. & O Grada, Cormac, 2006. "The fertility of the Irish in the United States in 1910," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 465-485, July.
- J. Peter Neary, 2006. "Introduction to the Special Issue," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 37(2), pages 121-122.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joseph Greene).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.