On the Value of Optimal Stopping Games
AbstractWe show, under weaker assumptions than in the previous literature, that a perpetual optimal stopping game always has a value. We also show that there exists an optimal stopping time for the seller, but not necessarily for the buyer. Moreover, conditions are provided under which the existence of an optimal stopping time for the buyer is guaranteed. The results are illustrated explicitly in two examples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Toulouse 1 Capitole in its series Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole with number http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr/523/.
Date of creation: Aug 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Annals of Applied Probability (2006-08) v.16, p.1576-1596
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bergman, Yaacov Z & Grundy, Bruce D & Wiener, Zvi, 1996. " General Properties of Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1573-1610, December.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez E., 2006. "A Class of Solvable Stopping Games," Discussion Papers 11, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Yan Dolinsky, 2011. "Hedging of Game Options With the Presence of Transaction Costs," Papers 1103.1165, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2012.
- Said Hamadene & Jianfeng Zhang, 2008. "The Continuous Time Nonzero-sum Dynkin Game Problem and Application in Game Options," Papers 0810.5698, arXiv.org.
- S\"oren Christensen, 2011. "Optimal decision under ambiguity for diffusion processes," Papers 1110.3897, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2012.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez E., 2006. "Minimum Guaranteed Payments and Costly Cancellation Rights: A Stopping Game Perspective," Discussion Papers 12, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Yuri Kifer, 2012. "Dynkin Games and Israeli Options," Papers 1209.1791, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Main contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.