Identification of Unconditional Partial Effects in Non Separable Models
AbstractThis note demonstrates identification of Unconditional Partial Effects introduced by Firpo, Fortin, and Lemieux (2009) in nonseparable triangular models with endogenous regressors via a control variable approach, as employed by Imbens and Newey (2009).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Toulouse 1 Capitole in its series Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole with number http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr/2490/.
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Economics Letters (2010-12) v.109, p.171-174
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/
Other versions of this item:
- Rothe, Christoph, 2009. "Identification of Unconditional Partial Effects in Non Separable Models," TSE Working Papers 09-054, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-11 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vaart,A. W. van der, 2000. "Asymptotic Statistics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521784504, October.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, October.
- SErgio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2006.
"Unconditional Quantile Regressions,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
533, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Jean-Pierre Florens & James J. Heckman & Costas Meghir & Edward J. Vytlacil, 2008.
"Identification of Treatment Effects Using Control Functions in Models with Continuous, Endogenous Treatment and Heterogeneous Effects,"
NBER Working Papers
14002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. P. Florens & J. J. Heckman & C. Meghir & E. Vytlacil, 2008. "Identification of Treatment Effects Using Control Functions in Models With Continuous, Endogenous Treatment and Heterogeneous Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(5), pages 1191-1206, 09.
- J.P. Florensy & J. J. Heckmanz & C. Meghirx & E. Vytlacil, 2008. "Identification of Treatment Effects Using Control Functions in Models with Continuous, Endogenous Treatment and Heterogeneous Effects," Working Papers 200832, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Heckman, James J. & Meghir, Costas & Vytlacil, Edward, 2008. "Identification of Treatment Effects Using Control Functions in Model with Continuous Endogenous Treatment and Heterogenous Effects," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Imbens, Guido W. & Newey, Whitney K., 2007. "Instrumental variable estimation of nonseparable models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 4-14, July.
- Stefan Hoderlein & Enno Mammen, 2007. "Identification of Marginal Effects in Nonseparable Models Without Monotonicity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(5), pages 1513-1518, 09.
- Blundell, Richard & Powell, James L., 2007. "Censored regression quantiles with endogenous regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 65-83, November.
- Nicoletti, Cheti & Best, Nicky, 2012.
"Quantile regression with aggregated data,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 401-404.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Main contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.