Does Reinsurance Need Reinsurers?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Toulouse 1 Capitole in its series Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole with number http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr/2291/.
Date of creation: Mar 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Risk and Insurance (2006-03) v.73, p.153-168
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoerger, Thomas J & Sloan, Frank A & Hassan, Mahmud, 1990. " Loss Volatility, Bankruptcy, and the Demand for Reinsurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 221-45, September.
- Mary A. Weiss & Joon-Hai Chung, 2004. "U.S. Reinsurance Prices, Financial Quality, and Global Capacity," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(3), pages 437-467.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Neil Doherty & Kent Smetters, 2002.
"Moral Hazard in Reinsurance Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
9050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lemoyne de Forges, Sabine & Bibas, Ruben & Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011.
"A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : resilience and efficiency in the global reinsurance market,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5807, The World Bank.
- Sabine Lemoyne De Forges & Ruben Bibas & Hallegatte Stéphane, 2001. "A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : Resilience and e fficiency in the global reinsurance market," CIRED Working Papers halshs-00800460, HAL.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2013. "Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property-Liability Insurance Firms," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-23, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- John Lewis, 2010. "Reinsurers as financial intermediaries in the market for catastrophic risk," DNB Occasional Studies 802, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Franka Liedorp & Manuel Kampman, 2009.
"An Empirical assessment of reinsurance risk,"
DNB Working Papers
201, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sabine Lemoyne De Forges & Ruben Bibas & Hallegatte Stéphane, 2001. "A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : Resilience and e fficiency in the global reinsurance market," Working Papers halshs-00800460, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Main contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.