Open access harvesting of wildlife: The poaching pit and conservation of endangered species
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91693.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Agricultural Economics (2003) v.28, p.27-37
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Bulte, Erwin H., 2003. "Open access harvesting of wildlife: the poaching pit and conservation of endangered species," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 27-37, January.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bulte, Erwin H. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 1999. "Economic efficiency, resource conservation and the ivory trade ban," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 171-181, February.
- Trond Bjorndal & Jon M. Conrad, 1987. "The Dynamics of an Open Access Fishery," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 74-85, February.
- Edward Barbier & Ivar Strand, 1998. "Valuing Mangrove-Fishery Linkages – A Case Study of Campeche, Mexico," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 151-166, September.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1982.
"An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt876499mq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Farrow, Scott, 1995. "Extinction and market forces: two case studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 115-123, May.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 1999. "On the Complexities of Complex Economic Dynamics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 169-192, Fall.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 1999. "Bioeconomics of Spatial Exploitation in a Patchy Environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 129-150, March.
- James A. Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1995.
"International Trade and Open Access Renewable Resources: The Small Open Economy Case,"
NBER Working Papers
5021, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1997. "International Trade and Open-Access Renewable Resources: The Small Open Economy Case," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 526-52, August.
- E. Milner-Gulland, 1993. "An econometric analysis of consumer demand for ivory and rhino horn," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(1), pages 73-95, February.
- Copes, Parzival, 1970. "The Backward-Bending Supply Curve Of The Fishing Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(1), pages 69-77, February.
- Erwin H. Bulte & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 1999. "Economics of Antipoaching Enforcement and the Ivory Trade Ban," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 453-466.
- Barkley Rosser, J. Jr., 2001. "Complex ecologic-economic dynamics and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 23-37, April.
- Robert J. Johnston & Jon G. Sutinen, 1996. "Uncertain Biomass Shift and Collapse: Implications for Harvest Policy in the Fishery," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 500-518.
- Grafton, R. Quentin & Silva-Echenique, J., 1997. "How To Manage Nature? Strategies, Predator-Prey Models, And Chaos," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 12(2).
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Muchapondwa, Edwin & Sterner, Thomas, 2009.
"Bioeconomic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Before and After CAMPFIRE,"
Working Papers in Economics
410, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Sterner, Thomas & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2005. "Bioeconomic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Before and After CAMPFIRE," Discussion Papers dp-05-06, Resources For the Future.
- Reinoud Joosten & Robin Meijboom, 2010. "Stochastic games with endogenous transitions," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-24, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- John Tschirhart, 2012. "Biology as a Source of Non-convexities in Ecological Production Functions," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 189-213, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.