Currency hedging for international stock portfolios: The usefulness of mean variance analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91684.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Banking and Finance (2003) v.27, p.327-349
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- de Roon, Frans A. & Nijman, Theo E. & Werker, Bas J. M., 2003. "Currency hedging for international stock portfolios: The usefulness of mean-variance analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 327-349, February.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frans A. de Roon & Theo E. Nijman & Chris Veld, 2000.
"Hedging Pressure Effects in Futures Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1437-1456, 06.
- Chen, Zhiwu & Knez, Peter J, 1996. "Portfolio Performance Measurement: Theory and Applications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 511-55.
- Jobson, J D & Korkie, Bob, 1984. " On the Jensen Measure and Marginal Improvements in Portfolio Performance: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 245-51, March.
- Bansal, Ravi & Dahlquist, Magnus, 2000.
"The forward premium puzzle: different tales from developed and emerging economies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 115-144, June.
- Bansal, Ravi & Dahlquist, Magnus, 1999. "The Forward Premium Puzzle: Different Tales from Developed and Emerging Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2169, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jobson, J. D. & Korkie, Bob, 1982. "Potential performance and tests of portfolio efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 433-466, December.
- Cumby, Robert E & Glen, Jack D, 1990. " Evaluating the Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 497-521, June.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990.
"Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1991. "Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 225-62, April.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Implications of security market data for models of dynamic economies," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 29, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Kallal, Hedi, 1997. " Risk Premia and Variance Bounds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1913-49, December.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1984. "Forward and spot exchange rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-338, November.
- Glen, Jack & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Currency Hedging for International Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1865-86, December.
- RENGIFO, Erick & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2004.
"Dynamic optimal portfolio selection in a VaR framework,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2004057, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jeroen Rombouts & E.W. Rengifo, 2004. "Dynamic Optimal Portfolio Selection in a VaR Framework," Cahiers de recherche 04-05, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Kroencke, Tim Alexander & Schindler, Felix, 2011.
"International diversification with securitized real estate and the veiling glare from currency risk,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
11-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kroencke, Tim A. & Schindler, Felix, 2012. "International diversification with securitized real estate and the veiling glare from currency risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1851-1866.
- Schindler, Felix & Kröncke, Tim-Alexander, 2011. "International Diversification with Securitized Real Estate and the Veiling Glare from Currency Risk," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48705, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Jimenez-Martin, Juan-Angel & Gonzalez-Serrano, Lydia, 2013. "Currency hedging strategies, strategic benchmarks and the Global and Euro Sovereign financial crises," MPRA Paper 50940, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2013.
- Fernandez-Izquierdo, Angeles & Lafuente, Juan Angel, 2004. "International transmission of stock exchange volatility: Empirical evidence from the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 125-137, August.
- Luis Berggrun, 2005. "Currency Hedging for a Dutch Investor: The Case of Pension Funds and Insurers," DNB Working Papers 054, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Susan Thorp, 2004. "That Courage is not inconsistent with Caution: Foreign Currency Hedging for Superannuation Funds," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 148, Econometric Society.
- Tim A. Kroencke & Felix Schindler & Andreas Schrimpf, 2011.
"International Diversification Benefits with Foreign Exchange Investment Styles,"
CREATES Research Papers
2011-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Kroencke, Tim Alexander & Schindler, Felix & Schrimpf, Andreas, 2011. "International diversification benefits with foreign exchange investment styles," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-028, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Mansourfar, Gholamreza & Mohamad, Shamsher & Hassan, Taufiq, 2010. "The behavior of MENA oil and non-oil producing countries in international portfolio optimization," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 415-423, November.
- Daskalaki, Charoula & Skiadopoulos, George, 2011. "Should investors include commodities in their portfolios after all? New evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2606-2626, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.