The MC-value for monotonic NTU-games
AbstractThe MC-value is introduced as a new single-valued solution concept for monotonic NTU-games. The MC-value is based on marginal vectors, which are extensions of the well-known marginal vectors for TU-games and hyperplane games. As a result of the definition it follows that the MC-value coincides with the Shapley value for TU-games and with the consistent Shapley value for hyperplane games. It is shown that on the class of bargaining games the MC-value coincides with the Raiffa-Kalai-Smorodinsky solution. Furthermore, two characterizations of the MC-value are provided on subclasses of NTU-games which need not be convex valued. This allows for a comparison between the MC-value and the egalitarian solution introduced by Kalai and Samet (1985).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-77114.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Journal of Game Theory (1998) v.27, p.37-47
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Otten, G.J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1994.
"A note on the characterization of the compromise value,"
Research Memorandum, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
655, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Otten, Gert-Jan & Borm, Peter & Tijs, Stef, 1996. "A Note on the Characterizations of the Compromise Value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 427-35.
- Otten, G.J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1996. "A note on the characterizations of the compromise value," Open Access publications from Tilburg University, Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-72931, Tilburg University.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2002. "Inheritance of Properties in NTU Communication Situations," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2002-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Jordi Massó, 2002.
"The Chi-compromise value for non-transferable utility games,"
Computational Statistics, Springer,
Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 269-286, November.
- Gustavo Berganti?os & Jordi Massó, . "The Chi-Compromise Value For Non-Transferable Utility Games," UFAE and IAE Working Papers, Unitat de Fonaments de l'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (UAB) and Institut d'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (CSIC) 456.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Hendrickx, R.L.P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Timmer, J.B., 2000. "On Convexity for NTU-Games," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2000-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001. "A Note on NTU Convexity and Population Monotonic Allocation Schemes," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2001-70, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.