Transfers and the effect of monitoring in an overlapping-generations experiment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-76896.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in European Economic Review (1998) v.42, p.1363-1391
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- van der Heijden, E. C. M. & Nelissen, J. H. M. & Potters, J. J. M. & Verbon, H. A. A., 1998. "Transfers and the effect of monitoring in an overlapping-generations experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1363-1391, July.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roth, Alvin E, 1988. "Laboratory Experimentation in Economics: A Methodological Overview," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 974-1031, December.
- Heijden, E.C.M. van der & Nelissen, J.H.M. & Verbon, H.A.A., 1997.
"Altruism and fairness in a public pension system,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-74782, Tilburg University.
- Ernst FEHR & Georg KIRCHSTEIGER & Arno RIEDL, 1993. "Gift Exchange and Ultimatum in Experimental Markets," Vienna Economics Papers vie9301, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Dyer, Douglas & Kagel, John H & Levin, Dan, 1989.
"A Comparison of Naive and Experienced Bidders in Common Value Offer Auctions: A Laboratory Analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 108-15, March.
- Dyer, D. & Kagel, J.H. & Levin, D., 1988. "A Comparison Of Naive And Experienced Bidders In Common Value Offer Auctions A Laboratory Analysis," Papers 11, Houston - Department of Economics.
- Lim, Suk S & Prescott, Edward C & Sunder, Shyam, 1994. "Stationary Solution to the Overlapping Generations Model of Fiat Money: Experimental Evidence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 255-77.
- Forsythe Robert & Horowitz Joel L. & Savin N. E. & Sefton Martin, 1994. "Fairness in Simple Bargaining Experiments," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 347-369, May.
- Douglas DeJong & Robert Forsythe & Wilfred Uecker, 1988.
"A note on the use of businessmen as subjects in sealed offer markets,"
Artefactual Field Experiments
00039, The Field Experiments Website.
- Dejong, Douglas V. & Forsythe, Robert & Uecker, Wilfred C., 1988. "A note on the use of businessmen as subjects in sealed offer markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Veall, Michael R., 1986. "Public pensions as optimal social contracts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 237-251, November.
- Sugden, Robert, 1984. "Reciprocity: The Supply of Public Goods through Voluntary Contributions," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376), pages 772-87, December.
- Marimon, Ramon & Sunder, Shyam, 1993.
"Indeterminacy of Equilibria in a Hyperinflationary World: Experimental Evidence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1073-107, September.
- Ramon Marimon & Shyam Sunder, 1993. "Indeterminacy of equilibria in a hyperinflationary world: Experimental evidence," Economics Working Papers 25, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Camerer, Colin & Weigelt, Keith, 1988. "Experimental Tests of a Sequential Equilibrium Reputation Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Keser, Claudia, 1996. "Voluntary contributions to a public good when partial contribution is a dominant strategy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 359-366, March.
- Hoffman Elizabeth & McCabe Kevin & Shachat Keith & Smith Vernon, 1994. "Preferences, Property Rights, and Anonymity in Bargaining Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 346-380, November.
- Berg Joyce & Dickhaut John & McCabe Kevin, 1995. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 122-142, July.
- Isaac, R. Mark & Walker, James M. & Williams, Arlington W., 1994. "Group size and the voluntary provision of public goods : Experimental evidence utilizing large groups," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-36, May.
- repec:fth:erroem:9267-a is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Ricciuti, 2004.
"Bringing Macroeconomics into the Lab,"
ICER Working Papers
26-2004, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Roberto Ricciuti, 2003. "Bringing Macroeconomics into the Lab," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 03/9, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2003.
- Roberto Ricciuti, 2005. "Bringing Macroeconomics into the Lab," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 004, University of Siena.
- Theo Offerman & Jan PottersHarry A.A. Verbon & Harry A.A. Verbon, 1999.
"Cooperation in an Overlapping Generations Experiment,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
99-019/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Offerman, Theo & Potters, Jan & Verbon, Harrie A. A., 2001. "Cooperation in an Overlapping Generations Experiment," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 264-275, August.
- Offerman, T.J.S. & Potters, J.J.M. & Verbon, H.A.A., 2001. "Cooperation in an overlapping generations experiment," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86814, Tilburg University.
- Sadrieh, Abdolkarim & Verbon, Harrie A.A., 2006. "Inequality, cooperation, and growth: An experimental study," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1197-1222, July.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2099019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Ricciuti & Davide Di Laurea, 2003. "An experimental analysis of two departures from Ricardian equivalence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(11), pages 1-11.
- Artidiatun Adji & James Alm & Paul J. Ferraro, 2009. "Experimental tests of Ricardian equivalence with distortionary versus nondistortionary taxes," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2556-2572.
- Leif Helland & Jon Hovi & Lars Monkerud, 2012. "Can exit prizes induce lame ducks to shirk less? Experimental evidence," European Journal of Government and Economics, Europa Grande, vol. 1(2), pages 106-125, December.
- repec:egr:ejge00:v:1:i:1:p:106-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Güth, W. & Offerman, T.J.S. & Potters, J.J.M. & Strobel, M. & Verbon, H.A.A., 2000. "An Experimental Study in the Crowding-Out Effect of Public Transfers in a Model with Multiple Families," Discussion Paper 2000-54, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:1999019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Güth, W. & Sutter, M. & Verbon, H.A.A. & Weck-Hannemann, H., 2001. "Family Versus Public Solidarity: Theory and Experiment," Discussion Paper 2001-86, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2003:i:11:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan D. Montoro-Pons, 2000. "Collective Action, Free Riding And Evolution," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 279, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.