Competition in Spatial Location Models
AbstractAbstract: Models of spatial competition are designed and analyzed to describe the fact that space, by its very nature, is a source of market power. This field of research, lying at the interface of game theory and economics, has attracted much interest because location problems are related to many aspects of competition in modern economics. In this monograph we are concerned with both price and non-price competition. The analysis of price competition provides insights into the functioning of differentiated goods markets, whereas the analysis of non-price competition provides insights into the degree of horizontal differentiation that arises when taking into account the consequent effect on price competition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-73591.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yavas, Abdullah, 1992. "Marketmakers versus matchmakers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Webers, H.M., 1994. "The location model with two periods of price competition," Discussion Paper 1994-68, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Webers, H.M., 1994. "The location model with two periods of price competition," Research Memorandum 663, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1995.
"Asymmetric equilibria in spatial competition,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 213-227.
- Webers, H.M., 1994. "Non-uniformities in spatial location models," Research Memorandum 647, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716.
- Webers, H.M., 1995. "The generalized circular model," Research Memorandum 685, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- van Raalte, Chris & Webers, Harry, 1998. "Spatial competition with intermediated matching," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 477-488, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.