Visualizing multiple quantile plots
AbstractMultiple quantile plots provide a powerful graphical method for comparing the distributions of two or more populations. This paper develops a method of visualizing triple quantile plots and their associated confidence tubes, thus extending the notion of a QQ plot to three dimensions. More specifically, we consider three independent one-dimensional random samples with corresponding quantile functions Q1, Q2 and Q3, respectively. The triple quantile (QQQ) plot is then defined as the three-dimensional curve Q(p) = (Q1(p);Q2(p);Q3(p)); where 0
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5904628.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics (2013) v.22, p.69-78
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Boon, M. & Einmahl, J.H.J. & McKeague, I.W., 2011. "Visualizing Multiple Quantile Plots," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2011-085, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & McKeague, I.W., 1999. "Confidence tubes for multiple quantile plots via empirical likelihood," Open Access publications from Tilburg University, Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142078, Tilburg University.
- Beirlant, Jan & Deheuvels, Paul, 1990. "On the approximation of P--P and Q--Q plot processes by brownian bridges," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 241-251, March.
- Kennan, John, 1985. "The duration of contract strikes in U.S. manufacturing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-28, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.