Econometric models of child mortality dynamics in rural Bangladesh
AbstractThe studies distinguish the differences in child mortality dynamics in rural Bangladesh between two areas ICDDR,B and comparison with and without extensive health services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5242206.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-02-20 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2012-02-20 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2012-02-20 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009.
"Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, April.
- Jane Miller & James Trussell & Anne Pebley & Barbara Vaughan, 1992. "Birth spacing and child mortality in bangladesh and the Philippines," Demography, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 305-318, May.
- Vincenzo Coviello & May Boggess, 2004. "Cumulative incidence estimation in the presence of competing risks," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 103-112, June.
- Waldron, Ingrid, 1983. "Sex differences in human mortality: The role of genetic factors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 321-333, January.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Stewart, Mark B., 2008.
"Simplified Implementation of the Heckman Estimator of the Dynamic Probit Model and a Comparison with Alternative Estimators,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
884, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Mark B. Stewart, 2009. "Simplified Implementation of the Heckman Estimator of the Dynamic Probit Model and a Comparison with Alternative Estimators," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(5), pages 659-681, October.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Stewart, Mark, 2007. "Simplified Implementation of the Heckman Estimator of the Dynamic Probit Model and a Comparison with Alternative Estimators," IZA Discussion Papers 3039, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark B. Stewart, 2007.
"The interrelated dynamics of unemployment and low-wage employment,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 511-531.
- Stewart, Mark, 2006. "The Inter-related Dynamics of Unemployment and Low-Wage Employment," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 741, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Christine Valente & Arthur van Soest, 2008. "Religion and Childhood Death in India," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/185, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bolstad W. M & Manda S. O, 2001. "Investigating Child Mortality in Malawi Using Family and Community Random Effects: A Bayesian Analysis," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 12-19, March.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Arthur van Soest, 2007.
"Birth Spacing, Fertility and Neonatal Mortality in India:Dynamics, Frailty and Fecundity,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
07/168, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bhalotra, Sonia & Soest, Arthur van, 2008. "Birth-spacing, fertility and neonatal mortality in India: Dynamics, frailty, and fecundity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(2), pages 274-290, April.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R. & van Soest, Arthur, 2006. "Birth Spacing, Fertility and Neonatal Mortality in India: Dynamics, Frailty and Fecundity," IZA Discussion Papers 2163, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yun, Myeong-Su, 2003.
"Decomposing Differences in the First Moment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
877, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ben-Porath, Yoram, 1976. "Fertility Response to Child Mortality: Micro Data from Israel," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages S163-78, August.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1979. "Econometric Methods for the Duration of Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 939-56, July.
- Kenneth Manton & Eric Stallard & James Vaupel, 1981. "Methods For Comparing The Mortality Experience of Heterogeneous Populations," Demography, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 389-410, August.
- Robert Retherford & Minja Choe & Shyam Thapa & Bhakta Gubhaju, 1989. "To what extent does breastfeeding explain Birth-interval effects on early childhood mortality?," Demography, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 439-450, August.
- Michael Koenig & James Phillips & Oona Campbell & Stan D'Souza, 1990. "Birth Intervals and Childhood Mortality in Rural Bangladesh," Demography, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 251-265, May.
- Pritchett, Lant H. & DEC, 1994. "Desired fertility and the impact of population policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1273, The World Bank.
- Siân Curtis & Ian Diamond & John McDonald, 1993. "Birth interval and family effects on postneonatal mortality in Brazil," Demography, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 33-43, February.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Sonia Bhalotra, 2006. "Sibling death clustering in India: state dependence "versus" unobserved heterogeneity," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 169(4), pages 829-848.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.