Willingness to pay for ozone control: Inferences from the demand for medical care
Abstract[Dataset available: http://hdl.handle.net/10411/15667]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4742836.
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management (1991) v.21, p.1-16
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Dickie, Mark & Gerking, Shelby, 1991. "Willingness to Pay for ozone control: Inferences from the demand for medical care," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-16, July.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Portney, Paul R. & Mullahy, John, 1986. "Urban air quality and acute respiratory illness," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 21-38, July.
- Bartik, Timothy J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 1987.
"Urban amenities and public policy,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,
in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1207-1254
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996. "Urban Amenities and Public Policy," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.), Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Harrington, Winston & Portney, Paul R., 1987. "Valuing the benefits of health and safety regulation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 101-112, July.
- Murdoch, James C. & Thayer, Mark A., 1988. "Hedonic price estimation of variable urban air quality," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 143-146, June.
- Theodore J. Joyce & Michael Grossman & Fred Goldman, 1989.
"An Assessment of the Benefits of Air Pollution Control: The Case of Infant Health,"
NBER Working Papers
1928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joyce, Theodore J. & Grossman, Michael & Goldman, Fred, 1989. "An assessment of the benefits of air pollution control: The case of infant health," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 32-51, January.
- Brookshire, David S, et al, 1982. "Valuing Public Goods: A Comparison of Survey and Hedonic Approaches," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 165-77, March.
- Phil Graves & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Don Waldman, 1988. "The Robustness of Hedonic Price Estimation: Urban Air Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 220-233.
- Dickie, M. & Gerking, S.D., 1991. "Valuing reduced morbidity: A household production approach," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4742834, Tilburg University.
- Di Novi, Cinzia, 2008. "From theory to implementation of the best instrument to protect human health: a brief overview," POLIS Working Papers 104, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Fu, Tsu-Tan & Lin, Yih-Ming & Huang, Chung L., 2011. "Willingness to pay for obesity prevention," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 316-324, July.
- Akbar Marvasti, 2006. "A Contingent Valuation of Customer Delay in Medical Services," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 31-45, Winter.
- Dr Clevo I. Wilson, 1999. "A WTP Model Showing the Relationships Between Three Approaches For Pollution," Discussion Papers Series 268, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Sylvia Brandt & Peter Marie, 2011. "Racial Disparities in Hospital Length of Stay for Asthma: Implications for Economic Policies," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 152-169, March.
- McCubbin, Donald R. & Delucchi, Mark A., 1996. "The Social Cost of the Health Effects of Motor-Vehicle Air Pollution," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5jm6d2tc, University of California Transportation Center.
- Brandt, Sylvia & Vasquez Lavin, Felipe & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2008.
"Designing contingent valuation scenarios for environmental health : the case of childhood asthma,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1076, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Sylvia Brandt & Felipe Vásquez & Michael Hanemann, 2008. "Designing Contingent Valuation Scenarios for Environmental Health: The Case of Childhood Asthma," Working Papers 11-2008, Departamento de Economía, Universidad de Concepción.
- Brandt, Sylvia J & Vasquez Lavin, Felipe & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2008. "Designing contingent valuation scenarios for environmental health: The case of childhood asthma," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4ht2k0ch, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2000. "The environmental impact of suburbanization," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 569-586.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 1996. "New estimates of the benefits of vehicle emissions regulation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 363-369, June.
- Dominika Parry Dziegielewska & Robert Mendelsohn, 2005. "Valuing Air Quality in Poland," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(2), pages 131-163, 02.
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger, . "Measuring Terrorism," IEW - Working Papers 171, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Pierre Thomas Léger, 2001. "Willingness to Pay for Improvements in Air Quality," Cahiers de recherche 01-02, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Bresnahan, B.W. & Dickie, M. & Gerking, S.D., 1997. "Averting behavior and urban air pollution," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4628502, Tilburg University.
- Usha Gupta, 2006. "Valuation of Urban Air Pollution: A Case Study of Kanpur City in India," Working Papers id:668, eSocialSciences.
- Cinzia Di Novi, 2010. "The influence of traffic-related pollution on individuals' life-style: results from the BRFSS," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(11), pages 1318-1344.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.