Essays on investment flows of hedge fund and mutual fund investors
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4378358.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-27 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William N. Goetzmann & Stephen J. Brown, 2005.
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm451, Yale School of Management.
- Babalos, Vassilios & Kostakis, Alexandros & Philippas, Nikolaos, 2009. "Managing mutual funds or managing expense ratios? Evidence from the Greek fund industry," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 256-272, October.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Ian Tonks, 2007. "Return Persistence and Fund Flows in the Worst Performing Mutual Funds," NBER Working Papers 13042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Brown, Stephen J, et al, 1992. "Survivorship Bias in Performance Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 553-80.
- Diane Del Guercio & Paula A. Tkac, 2000. "The determinants of the flow of funds of managed portfolios: mutual funds versus pension funds," Working Paper 2000-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Stephen J. Brown & William N. Goetzmann, 2001.
"Hedge Funds With Style,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm177, Yale School of Management.
- Stephen J. Brown & William N. Goetzmann, 2001. "Hedge Funds With Style," NBER Working Papers 8173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Brown & William Goetzmann, 2001. "Hedge Funds With Style," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm21, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- Ferreira, Miguel A. & Keswani, Aneel & Miguel, Antonio F. & Ramos, Sofia B., 2012. "The flow-performance relationship around the world," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1759-1780.
- Baquero, Guillermo & ter Horst, Jenke & Verbeek, Marno, 2005. "Survival, Look-Ahead Bias, and Persistence in Hedge Fund Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 493-517, September.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N., 1997.
"Mutual fund styles,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-399, March.
- Jennifer Lynch Koski & Jeffrey Pontiff, 1999.
"How Are Derivatives Used? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 791-816, 04.
- Jennifer Koski & Jeffrey Pontiff, 1996. "How Are Derivatives Used? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Narayan Y. Naik & Tarun Ramadorai & Maria Stromqvist, 2007. "Capacity Constraints and Hedge Fund Strategy Returns," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(2), pages 239-256.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Stefan Nagel, 2004. "Hedge Funds and the Technology Bubble," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(5), pages 2013-2040, October.
- Johnson, Woodrow T., 2010. "Who incentivizes the mutual fund manager, new or old shareholders?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 143-168, April.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Jones, Jonathan D. & Nigro, Peter J., 1998. "Mutual fund shareholders: characteristics, investor knowledge, and sources of information," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 301-316.
- Vincent Glode & Burton Hollifield & Marcin Kacperczyk & Shimon Kogan, 2009. "Is Investor Rationality Time Varying? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry," NBER Working Papers 15038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Tkac, Paula A., 2008.
"Star Power: The Effect of Monrningstar Ratings on Mutual Fund Flow,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(04), pages 907-936, December.
- Diane Del Guercio & Paula A. Tkac, 2001. "Star power: the effect of Morningstar ratings on mutual fund flows," Working Paper 2001-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- A. Harri & B. W. Brorsen, 2004. "Performance persistence and the source of returns for hedge funds," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 131-141.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.