Competition and innovation: Together a tricky rollercoaster for productivity
AbstractThe second goal of this thesis is to analyze the relationship between competition, innovation and productivity. As empirical evidence for this relationship is hardly available for the Netherlands, chapter 4 fills this gap by using Dutch (aggregate) firm level data. Chapter 5 examines the link between competition and product innovation at the firm level. It particularly analyzes the effect of product differentiation related to making products less close substitutes, and hence making markets less competitive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3959784.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-05-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2010-05-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2010-05-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2010-05-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENT-2010-05-29 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2010-05-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2010-05-29 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2010-05-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Peneder & Martin Wörter, 2013. "Competition, R&D and Innovation: Testing the Inverted-U in a Simultaneous System," WIFO Working Papers 448, WIFO.
- Michael Peneder, 2012. "Competition and Innovation: Revisiting the Inverted-U Relationship," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-5, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.