A characterization of the average tree solution for cycle-free graph games
AbstractHerings et al. (2008) proposed a solution concept called the average tree solution for cycle-free graph games. We provide a characterization of the average tree solution for cycle-free graph games. The characteration underlines an important difference, in terms of symmetric treatment of agents, between the average tree solution and the Myerson value (Myerson, 1977) for cycle-free graph games.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3736838.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Journal of Game Theory (2010) v.39, p.105-111
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Mishra, D. & Talman, A.J.J., 2009. "A Characterization of the Average Tree Solution for Cycle-Free Graph Games," Discussion Paper 2009-17, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings, P. Jean Jacques & van der Laan, Gerard & Talman, Dolf, 2008.
"The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 77-92, January.
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & van der LAAN, Gerard & TALMAN, Dolf, . "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2155, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J., 2008. "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-377604, Tilburg University.
- Le Breton,Michel & Owen,Guillermo & Weber,Shlomo, 1991.
"Strongly balanced cooperative games,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
338, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Demange, Gabrielle, 1994.
"Intermediate preferences and stable coalition structures,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 45-58, January.
- Demange, G., 1991. "Intermediate Preferences and Stable Coalition Structures," DELTA Working Papers 91-16, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154855, Tilburg University.
- Kaneko, Mamoru & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1982.
"Cores of partitioning games,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 313-327, December.
- repec:ner:maastr:urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22849 is not listed on IDEAS
- Béal, Sylvain & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe, 2009.
"Average tree solutions and the distribution of Harsanyi dividends,"
17909, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Baron & Sylvain Béal & Eric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2011. "Average tree solutions and the distribution of Harsanyi dividends," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 331-349, May.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2009108 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.