Conflicts, Development and Natural Resources: An Applied Game Theoretic Approach
AbstractThis thesis also provides a critical view on a part of preceding resource curse results, namely the negative association between resources and economic performance. Arguing that the empirical literature on the topic up until now has ignored serious econometric concerns, a different approach is offered solving some of the problems. Surprisingly, the results question the common wisdom in the field, and as such invite future research to investigate this matter further.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3160797.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katharina Wick & Erwin Bulte, 2006.
"Contesting resources – rent seeking, conflict and the natural resource curse,"
Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 457-476, September.
- Bulte, Erwin & Wick, Katharina, 2005. "Contesting Resources - Rent Seeking, Conflict and the Natural Resource Curse," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 36, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Wick Katharina, 2008.
"Conflict and Production: An Application to Natural Resources,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-47, January.
- Wick, Katharina, 2007. "Conflict and Production: An Application to Natural Resources," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, GÃ¶ttingen 2007 34, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2002. "Natural resources, rent seeking and welfare," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 455-470, April.
- Tan, Gerald, 1983. "Export instability, export growth and GDP growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 219-227.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.