The P-value for cost sharing in minimum cost spanning tree situations
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to introduce and axiomatically characterize the P-value as a rule to solve the cost sharing problem in minimum cost spanning tree (mcst) situations.The P-value is related to the Kruskal algorithm for finding an mcst.Moreover, the P-value leads to a core allocation of the corresponding mcst game, and when applied also to the mcst subsituations it delivers a population monotonic allocation scheme.A conewise positive linearity property is one of the basic ingredients of an axiomatic characterization of the P-value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142598.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Theory and Decision (2004) v.56, p.47-61
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2003. "The P-Value for Cost Sharing in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Situations," Discussion Paper 2003-129, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Hervé Moulin & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2008.
"Decentralized Pricing in Minimum Cost Spanning Trees,"
08-24, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Jens Hougaard & Hervé Moulin & Lars Østerdal, 2010. "Decentralized pricing in minimum cost spanning trees," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 293-306, August.
- Trudeau, Christian, 2012. "A new stable and more responsive cost sharing solution for minimum cost spanning tree problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 402-412.
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Moulin, Hervé, 2010. "Sharing a minimal cost spanning tree: Beyond the Folk solution," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 238-248, July.
- Gustavo Bergantinos & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2008. "On Some Properties of Cost Allocation Rules in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Problems," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(3), pages 251-267, December.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Mishra, Debasis, 2009.
"Minimum Cost Arborescences,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
889, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Debasis Mishra, 2008. "Minimum cost arborescences," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-12, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Norde, H.W., 2013. "The Degree and Cost Adjusted Folk Solution for Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games," Discussion Paper 2013-039, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chun, Youngsub & Lee, Joosung, 2012. "Sequential contributions rules for minimum cost spanning tree problems," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 136-143.
- Moretti, Stefano, 2009. "Game Theory applied to gene expression analysis," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4922, Paris Dauphine University.
- María Gómez-Rúa & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2011. "Merge-proofness in minimum cost spanning tree problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 309-329, May.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Lorenzo, Leticia & Lorenzo-Freire, Silvia, 2011. "A generalization of obligation rules for minimum cost spanning tree problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(1), pages 122-129, May.
- Gustavo BergantiÃ±os & Anirban Kar, 2010. "Obligation Rules," Working Papers id:3009, eSocialSciences.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2012. "Characterization of monotonic rules in minimum cost spanning tree problems," MPRA Paper 39994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moretti, S. & Alparslan-Gok, S.Z. & Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H., 2008. "Connection Situations under Uncertainty," Discussion Paper 2008-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Kar, Anirban, 2010. "On obligation rules for minimum cost spanning tree problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 224-237, July.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2009. "Additivity in minimum cost spanning tree problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 38-42, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.