International trade, species diversity and habitat conservation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University in its series Open Access publications from Tilburg University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-140731.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management (2004) v.48, p.891-910
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Smulders, Sjak & van Soest, Daan & Withagen, Cees, 2004. "International trade, species diversity, and habitat conservation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 891-910, September.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1997.
"International Trade Between Consumer and Conservationist Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
6006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brander, James A. & Scott Taylor, M., 1997. "International trade between consumer and conservationist countries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 267-297, November.
- Southgate, Douglas & Sierra, Rodrigo & Brown, Lawrence, 1991. "The causes of tropical deforestation in Ecuador: A statistical analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1145-1151, September.
- Swanson, Timothy M, 1994. "The Economics of Extinction Revisited and Revised: A Generalised Framework for the Analysis of the Problems of Endangered Species and Biodiversity Losses," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 800-821, Supplemen.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2003. "Habitat-Fishery Linkages And Mangrove Loss In Thailand," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 59-77, 01.
- Copeland, Brian R. & Taylor, M. Scott, 1999.
"Trade, spatial separation, and the environment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 137-168, February.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D., 2003.
"Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 109-127, January.
- Bulte, E.H. & Horan, R.D., 2003. "Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-112507, Tilburg University.
- Swallow, Stephen K., 1990. "Depletion of the environmental basis for renewable resources: The economics of interdependent renewable and nonrenewable resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 281-296, November.
- Partha Sen, 2008.
"Fdeveloping Economies And The Environment - The Role Of Trade And Capital Flows,"
172, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Partha Sen, 2010. "Developing Economies and the Environment: The Role of Trade and Capital Flows," Working Papers id:2860, eSocialSciences.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2009.
"Environmental Effects of International Trade,"
4481652, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Eppink, Florian V. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2007. "Ecological theories and indicators in economic models of biodiversity loss and conservation: A critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 284-293, March.
- López, Ramón & Schiff, Maurice, 2013. "Interactive dynamics between natural and man-made assets: The impact of external shocks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 1-15.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L. & Goeschl, Timo, 2009. "Optimal conservation, extinction debt, and the augmented quasi-option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 43-57, July.
- López, Ramón, 2010.
"Sustainable economic development: on the coexistence of resource-dependent and resource-impacting industries,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 687-705, December.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 2010. "Sustainable Economic Development: On the Coexistence of Resource-Dependent and Resource-Impacting Industries," Working Papers 92390, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2005018 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eppink, Florian V. & Withagen, Cees A., 2009. "Spatial patterns of biodiversity conservation in a multiregional general equilibrium model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 75-88, May.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2010. "Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Xiao Chen & Alan Woodland, 2013. "International trade and climate change," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 381-413, June.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Creedy, John, 2007.
"Optimal land conversion and growth with uncertain biodiversity costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 542-549, March.
- Anke Leroux & John Creedy, 2005. "Optimal Land Conversion And Growth With Uncertain Biodiversity Costs," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 957, The University of Melbourne.
- Charles van Marrewijk, 2005. "Geographical Economics and the Role of Pollution on Location," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-018/2, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economists Online Support).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.