The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University in its series Open Access publications from Maastricht University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-3947.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International journal of industrial organization (1999) v.17, p.985-1007
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Home.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Carree, M. A. & Thurik, A. R., 1999. "The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 985-1007, October.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frenk, J. B. G. & Thurik, A. R. & Bout, C. A., 1991. "Labour costs and queueing theory in retailing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 260-267, November.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009 Elsevier.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1986. "Excess Capacity and Limit Pricing: An Empirical Test," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(211), pages 365-78, August.
- De Wit, Gerrit & Van Winden, Frans A. A. M., 1990.
"An empirical analysis of self-employment in the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 97-100, January.
- De Wit, G. & Winden, F., 1989. "An Empirical Analysis Of Self-Employment In The Netherlands," Papers 89.02, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1990. "Entry in Monopoly Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 531-53, October.
- Nooteboom , B., 1982.
"A new theory of retailing costs,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373306, Tilburg University.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1986. "Advertising, Sunk Costs, and Barriers to Entry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 84-95, February.
- Beesley, M E & Hamilton, R T, 1984. "Small Firms' Seedbed Role and the Concept of Turbulence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 217-31, December.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1990. "Towards a Testable Model of Entry: A Study of the U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 57(226), pages 219-38, May.
- Carree, Martin & Thurik, Roy, 1994.
" The Dynamics of Entry, Exit and Profitability: An Error Correction Approach for the Retail Industry,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 107-16, April.
- Carree, Martin & Thurik, Roy, 1994. "The dynamics of entry, exit and profitability: an error correction approach for the retail industry," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-3850, Maastricht University.
- Carree, M. & Thutik, R., 1993. "The Dynamics of Entry, Exit and Profitability: An Error Correction Approach for the Retail Industry," Papers 9308-g, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- Nooteboom, B., 1986. "Costs, margins and competition: Causes of structural change in retailing," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373073, Tilburg University.
- Bunch, David S & Smiley, Robert, 1992. "Who Deters Entry? Evidence on the Use of Strategic Entry Deterrents," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 509-21, August.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1989. "Small-Firm Entry in U.S. Manufacturing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(222), pages 255-65, May.
- Gilbert, Christopher L, 1986. "Professor Hendry's Econometric Methodology," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 283-307, August.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1992. "Sunk Costs and Market Structure: A Review Article," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 125-34, June.
- Baron, James N & Hannan, Michael T, 1994. "The Impact of Economics on Contemporary Sociology," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1111-46, September.
- Van Praag, C Mirjam & Van Ophem, Hans, 1995. "Determinants of Willingness and Opportunity to Start as an Entrepreneur," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 513-40.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-53, September.
- Levy, David, 1987. "The speed of the invisible hand," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 79-92, March.
- Morton I. Kamien & Nancy L. Schwartz, 1983. "Conjectural Variations," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 191-211, May.
- Carree, Martin & Thurik, Roy, 1996. "Entry and exit in retailing: incentives, barriers, displacement and replacement," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-3837, Maastricht University.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J.Odekerken).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.