Proximity always matters: local bias when the set of local companies changes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University in its series Open Access publications from Maastricht University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23350.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Review of finance (2009) v.13, p.629-656
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Home.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter M. Demarzo & Ron Kaniel & Ilan Kremer, 2004. "Diversification as a Public Good: Community Effects in Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1677-1716, 08.
- Huberman, Gur, 2001. "Familiarity Breeds Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 659-80.
- Massa, Massimo & Simonov, Andrei, 2004.
"Hedging, Familiarity and Portfolio Choice,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joshua D. Coval & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2001. "The Geography of Investment: Informed Trading and Asset Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(4), pages 811-841, August.
- Charles Kahn & Andrew Winton, 1998. "Ownership Structure, Speculation, and Shareholder Intervention," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 99-129, 02.
- Karen K. Lewis, 1999. "Trying to Explain Home Bias in Equities and Consumption," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 571-608, June.
- Mark Grinblatt, 2001. "How Distance, Language, and Culture Influence Stockholdings and Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1053-1073, 06.
- García, Diego & Norli, Øyvind, 2012. "Geographic dispersion and stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 547-565.
- Kandel, Eugene & Massa, Massimo & Simonov, Andrei, 2011. "Do small shareholders count?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 641-665, September.
- Shive, Sophie, 2012. "Local investors, price discovery, and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 145-161.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J.Odekerken).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.