Contract law and the governance of inter-firm technology partnerships: an analysis of different modes of partnering and their contractual implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University in its series Open Access publications from Maastricht University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22793.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of management studies (2007) v.44, p.342-366
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Home.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arturs Kalnins, 2004. "Relationships and Hybrid Contracts: An Analysis of Contract Choice in Information Technology," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 207-229, April.
- Mike Wright & Andy Lockett, 2003. "The Structure and Management of Alliances: Syndication in the Venture Capital Industry," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(8), pages 2073-2102, December.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998.
"Foundations of Incomplete Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
6726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998. "Foundations of Incomplete Contracts," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1846, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1996. "Why Hold-Ups Occur: The Self-Enforcing Range of Contractual Relationships," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 444-63, July.
- Jean-François Hennart, 2006. "Alliance Research: Less is More," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(7), pages 1621-1628, November.
- Ashish Arora, 1995. "Licensing Tacit Knowledge: Intellectual Property Rights And The Market For Know-How," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 41-60.
- Contractor, F. J. & Lorange, P., 2002. "The growth of alliances in the knowledge-based economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 485-502, August.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-19, September.
- Hagedoorn, John, 2002. "Inter-firm R&D partnerships: an overview of major trends and patterns since 1960," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 477-492, May.
- Hagedoorn, John, 2003. "Sharing intellectual property rights - an exploratory study of joint patenting amongst companies," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-4268, Maastricht University.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1119-58, December.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1988. "Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm," Working papers 495, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990. "Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm," Scholarly Articles 3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Hagedoorn, 2003. "Sharing intellectual property rights--an exploratory study of joint patenting amongst companies," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(5), pages 1035-1050, October.
- Peter Smith Ring, 1997. "Transacting in the State of Union: A Case Study of Exchange Governed by Convergent Interests," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, 01.
- Teece, David J., 1992. "Competition, cooperation, and innovation : Organizational arrangements for regimes of rapid technological progress," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Rachelle C. Sampson, 2004. "The Cost of Misaligned Governance in R&D Alliances," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 484-526, October.
- Courville, Leon & Hausman, Warren H, 1979. "Warranty Scope and Reliability under Imperfect Information and Alternative Market Structures," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 361-78, July.
- Bessy, Christian & Brousseau, Eric, 1998. "Technology licensing contracts features and diversity1," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 451-489, December.
- Lorenz, Edward, 1999. "Trust, Contract and Economic Cooperation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 301-15, May.
- Jér�me Barthélemy & Bertrand V. Quélin, 2006. "Complexity of Outsourcing Contracts and "Ex Post" Transaction Costs: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1775-1797, December.
- Hagedoorn, John & Ridder, Ann-Kristin, 2012. "Open innovation, contracts, and intellectual property rights: an exploratory empirical study," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 025, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Yan, Yanni & Chong, Chan Yan & Mak, Simon, 2010. "An exploration of managerial discretion and its impact on firm performance: Task autonomy, contractual control, and compensation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 521-530, December.
- Malik, Tariq, 2012. "Disparate association between alliance social capital and the global pharmaceutical firm's performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1017-1028.
- Ki H. Kang & Jina Kang, 2009. "Do External Knowledge Sourcing Methods Matter in Service Innovation? Analysis of South Korean Service Firms," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200908, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Aug 2009.
- Giroud, Axèle & Scott-Kennel, Joanna, 2009. "MNE linkages in international business: A framework for analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 555-566, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J.Odekerken).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.