Empirical evidence on corporate governance in Europe: the effect on stock returns, firm value and performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University in its series Open Access publications from Maastricht University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-19332.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of asset management (2004) v.5, p.91-104
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Home.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Paul Gompers & Joy Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2003.
"Corporate Governance And Equity Prices,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 118(1), pages 107-155, February.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy L. Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2001. "Corporate Governance and Equity Prices," NBER Working Papers 8449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy L. Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Equity Prices," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-32, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Wolfgang Drobetz & Andreas Schillhofer & Heinz Zimmermann, 2004. "Corporate Governance and Expected Stock Returns: Evidence from Germany," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(2), pages 267-293.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
- Bauer, Rob & Frijns, Bart & Otten, Rogér & Tourani-Rad, Alireza, 2008.
"The impact of corporate governance on corporate performance: Evidence from Japan,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 236-251, June.
- Bauer, Rob & Frijns, Bart & Otten, Róger & Tourani-Rad, Alireza, 2008. "The impact of corporate governance on corporate performance: evidence from Japan," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-19318, Maastricht University.
- Ricardo Leal & André Carvalhal-da-Silva, 2005. "Conducción y valor empresarial en Brasil (y Chile)," Research Department Publications 3209, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Bauer, Rob & Braun, Robin & Clark, Gordon L., 2008. "The emerging market for European corporate governance: the relationship between governance and capital expenditures, 1997–2005," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-19321, Maastricht University.
- repec:pra:mprapa:32288 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philipp Schreck, 2011. "Reviewing the Business Case for Corporate Social Responsibility: New Evidence and Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 103(2), pages 167-188, October.
- Ricardo Leal & André Carvalhal-da-Silva, 2005. "Corporate Governance and Value in Brazil (and in Chile)," Research Department Publications 3208, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Aman, Hiroyuki & Nguyen, Pascal, 2008. "Do stock prices reflect the corporate governance quality of Japanese firms?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 647-662, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J.Odekerken).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.