Welfare regimes and poverty dynamics: The duration and recurrence of poverty spells in Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University in its series Open Access publications from Maastricht University with number urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-17252.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of social policy : the journal of the Social Administration Association (2005) v.34, p.407-426
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Home.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Duncan, Greg J, et al, 1993. "Poverty Dynamics in Eight Countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 215-34.
- Karl Ashworth & Martha Hill & Robert Walker, 1994. "Patterns of childhood poverty: New challenges for policy," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 658-680.
- Ann Huff Stevens, 1995.
"Climbing Out of Poverty, Falling Back In: Measuring the Persistence of Poverty over Multiple Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
5390, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann Huff Stevens, 1999. "Climbing out of Poverty, Falling Back in: Measuring the Persistence of Poverty Over Multiple Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(3), pages 557-588.
- Layte, R. & Fouarge, Didier, 2004. "The dynamics of income poverty," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-21639, Maastricht University.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & Christian Schluter, 2003. "Why Are Child Poverty Rates Higher in Britain than in Germany?: A Longitudinal Perspective," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(2).
- Van den Bosch, Karel, et al, 1993. "A Comparison of Poverty in Seven European Countries and Regions Using Subjective and Relative Measures," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 235-59.
- Stevens, Ann Huff, 1994. "The Dynamics of Poverty Spells: Updating Bane and Ellwood," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 34-37, May.
- Muffels, Ruud & Fouarge, Didier & Dekker, Ronald, 2000. "Longitudinal Poverty and Income Inequality A Comparative Panel Study for The Netherlands, Germany and the UK," MPRA Paper 13298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buhmann, Brigitte, et al, 1988. "Equivalence Scales, Well-Being, Inequality, and Poverty: Sensitivity Estimates across Ten Countries Using the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) Database," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(2), pages 115-42, June.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00393492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniele Vignoli & Gustavo Santis, 2010. "Individual and Contextual Correlates of Economic Difficulties in Old Age in Europe," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 481-501, August.
- Eirini Andriopoulou & Panagiotis Tsakloglou, .
"The determinants of poverty transitions in Europe and the role of duration dependence,"
DEOS Working Papers
1121, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Eirini Andriopoulou & Panagiotis Tsakloglou, . "The determinants of poverty transitions in Europe and the role of duration dependence," DEOS Working Papers 1120, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Andriopoulou, Eirini & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2011. "The Determinants of Poverty Transitions in Europe and the Role of Duration Dependence," IZA Discussion Papers 5692, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andriopoulou, Eirini & Tsakloglou, Panagiotis, 2011. "The determinants of poverty transitions in Europe and the role of duration dependence," MPRA Paper 30659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eirini Andriopoulou & Panagiotis Tsakloglou, . "The determinants of poverty transitions in Europe and the role of duration dependence," DEOS Working Papers 1119, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- repec:sae:jocore:v:54:y:2010:i:6:p:902-939 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen, 2011.
"Weakly Relative Poverty,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1251-1261, November.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2011-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Veronica Polin & Michele Raitano, 2012. "Poverty Dynamics in Clusters of European Union Countries: Related Events and Main Determinants," Working Papers 10/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- JENKINS Stephen P. & VAN KERM Philippe, 2012.
"The relationship between EU indicators of persistent and current poverty,"
CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series
- Stephen P Jenkins & Philippe Van Kerm, 2013. "The relationship between EU indicators of persistent and current poverty," CASE Papers /169, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2012. "The Relationship between EU Indicators of Persistent and Current Poverty," IZA Discussion Papers 7071, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Diana Worts & Amanda Sacker & Peggy McDonough, 2010. "Re-Assessing Poverty Dynamics and State Protections in Britain and the US: The Role of Measurement Error," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 97(3), pages 419-438, July.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00440290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Pollak & Bernard Gazier, 2009. "Que sait-on des trajectoires de pauvreté dans les pays riches ?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00393492, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00393322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elena Bárcena-Martín & Ana I. Moro Egido, 2013. "Country differences in the gender effect on poverty in Europe," ThE Papers 13/02, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Joël Hellier, 2012. "Working poor trajectories," Working Papers 280, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (J.Odekerken).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.