The impact of store flyers on store traffic and store sales: A geo-marketing approach
AbstractThis paper analyzes the impact of the composition of a retailers' weekly store flyer on store performance. The paper presents and tests propositions on how a store flyer's size, its average discount size, and the allocation of store flyer space to category and brand types, affects store traffic and sales. The moderating impact of location variables-socio-demographics of trading area inhabitants, characteristics of the store and competition-is also discussed and empirically tested. The outcomes provide key insights for retailers with regard to the financial ramifications of store flyer competition. (C) 2003 by New York University. Published by Elsevier Science. All rights reserved.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in its series Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven with number urn:hdl:123456789/98900.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Retailing (2003) v.79, p.1-16
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.kuleuven.be
retailer promotions; store flyer; private labels; micro-marketing; price promotions; product categories; scanner data; consumer; brand; performance; behavior; retailer; elasticities; competition;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breugelmans, Els & Campo, Katia, 2008. "Can in-store displays improve category sales and brand market share in online stores? A study on the overall effectiveness and differences between display types in an online FMCG context," Research Memoranda 035, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Cleeren, K & Dekimpe, Marnik & Verboven, Frank, 2005.
"Intra- and inter-channel competition in local-service sectors,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/228418, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Cleeren, K. & Dekimpe, M.G. & Verboven, F., 2005. "Intra- and Inter-Channel Competition in Local-Service Sectors," Research Paper ERS-2005-018-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Breugelmans, Els & Campo, Katia, 2008. "Can in-store displays improve category sales and brand market share in online stores? A study on the overall effectiveness and differences between display types in an online FMCG context," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/202226, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Campo, Katia & Gijsbrechts, Els, 2002. "On store format, category space allocationa and opportunitie for micromarketing," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/203010, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/7438 is not listed on IDEAS
- Parguel, Béatrice & Sabri, Ouidade & Mimouni, Aîda, 2009. "L'influence relative des caractéristiques perçues du prospectus sur son efficacité pour le distributeur," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7438, Paris Dauphine University.
- Béatrice Parguel & Ouidade Sabri-Zaaraoui & Aîda Mimouni, 2009. "L'influence relative des caractéristiques perçues du prospectus sur son efficacité pour le distributeur," Post-Print halshs-00636212, HAL.
- Haans, A.J. & Gijsbrechts, E., 2011. "One-deal-fits-all?: On category sales promotion effectiveness in smaller versus larger supermarkets," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4643292, Tilburg University.
- Aîda Mimouni & Ouidade Sabri-Zaaraoui & Béatrice Parguel, 2010. "Competitive Advertising Within Store Flyers: A Win-Win Strategy?," Post-Print halshs-00634439, HAL.
- Béatrice Parguel & Ouidade Sabri-Zaaraoui & Aîda Mimouni, 2010. "Faut-il concevoir le prospectus en fonction de la fidélité du client à l'enseigne ?," Post-Print halshs-00634437, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carl Demeyere).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.