Bayesian conjoint choice designs for measuring willingness to pay
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in its series Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven with number urn:hdl:123456789/272171.
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Environmental and Resource Economics (2010-01) v.48, p.129-149
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.kuleuven.be
Other versions of this item:
- Bart Vermeulen & Peter Goos & Riccardo Scarpa & Martina Vandebroek, 2011. "Bayesian Conjoint Choice Designs for Measuring Willingness to Pay," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 129-149, January.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric Ruto & Guy Garrod & Riccardo Scarpa, 2008.
"Valuing animal genetic resources: a choice modeling application to indigenous cattle in Kenya,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 89-98, 01.
- Eric Ruto & Guy Garrod & Riccardo Scarpa, 2007. "Valuing Animal Genetic Resources: A Choice Modeling Application to Indigenous Cattle in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 07/05, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2001. "Do Hypothetical and Actual Marginal Willingness to Pay Differ in Choice Experiments?: Application to the Valuation of the Environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 179-192, March.
- Nadhem Mtimet & Luis Miguel Albisu, 2006. "Spanish wine consumer behavior: A choice experiment approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 343-362.
- Yu, Jie & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2007.
"Efficient conjoint choice designs in the presence of respondent heterogeneity,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/175480, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Jie Yu & Peter Goos & Martina Vandebroek, 2009. "Efficient Conjoint Choice Designs in the Presence of Respondent Heterogeneity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 122-135, 01-02.
- R. Brau & D. Cao, 2005.
"Uncovering the macrostructure of tourists’ preferences. A choice experiment analysis of tourism demand to Sardinia,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200514, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Rinaldo Brau & Davide Cao, 2006. "Uncovering the Macrostructure of Tourists’ Preferences. A Choice Experiment Analysis of Tourism Demand to Sardinia," Working Papers 2006.33, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Train, K. & Weeks, M., 2004. "Discrete Choice Models in Preference Space and Willingness-to Pay Space," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0443, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Jones, Bradley & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2009.
"An Efficient Algorithm for Constructing Bayesian Optimal Choice Designs,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 279-291.
- Kessels, R & Jones, B & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2006. "An efficient algorithm for constructing Bayesian optimal choice designs," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/228661, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Jayson L. Lusk & F. Bailey Norwood, 2005. "Effect of Experimental Design on Choice-Based Conjoint Valuation Estimates," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 771-785.
- Banfi, Silvia & Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo & Jakob, Martin, 2008.
"Willingness to pay for energy-saving measures in residential buildings,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 503-516, March.
- Silvia Banfi & Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Martin Jakob, 2005. "Willingness to Pay for Energy-Saving Measures in Residential Buildings," CEPE Working paper series 05-41, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Boxall, Peter C. & Williams, Michael & Louviere, Jordan, 1995. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments versus Contingent Valuation," Staff Paper Series 24126, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jutta Roosen & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Demand for Beef from Cattle Administered Growth Hormones or Fed Genetically Modified Corn: A Comparison of Consumers in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 16-29.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Roosen, Jutta & Fox, John A., 2001. "Demand For Beef From Cattle Administered Growth Hormones Or Fed Genetically Modified Corn: A Comparison Of Consumers In France, Germany, The United Kingdom, And The United States," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20684, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Riccardo Scarpa & Danny Campbell & W. George Hutchinson, 2007. "Benefit Estimates for Landscape Improvements: Sequential Bayesian Design and Respondents’ Rationality in a Choice Experiment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(4), pages 617-634.
- Edward Morey & Kathleen Greer Rossmann, 2003. "Using Stated-Preference Questions to Investigate Variations in Willingness to Pay for Preserving Marble Monuments: Classic Heterogeneity, Random Parameters, and Mixture Models," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 215-229, November.
- Ricardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene & Kenneth Train, 2006. "Utility in WTP Space: A Tool to Address Confounding Random Scale Effects in Destination Choice to the Alps," Working Papers in Economics 06/15, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Vermeulen, Bart & Goos, Peter & Scarpa, R. & Vandebroek, Martina, 2008. "Design criteria to develop choice experiments to measure the WTP accurately," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/196138, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Garrett Sonnier & Andrew Ainslie & Thomas Otter, 2007. "Heterogeneity distributions of willingness-to-pay in choice models," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 313-331, September.
- Alberini Anna, 1995. "Optimal Designs for Discrete Choice Contingent Valuation Surveys: Single-Bound, Double-Bound, and Bivariate Models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 287-306, May.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Jones, B & Goos, P & Vandebroek, Martina, 2006. "Recommendations on the use of Bayesian optimal designs for choice experiments," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/120986, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Wiktor Adamowicz & Peter Boxall & Michael Williams & Jordan Louviere, 1998. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments and Contingent Valuation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 64-75.
- Jayson L. Lusk & F. Bailey Norwood, 2009. "A Cautionary Note on the Design of Discrete Choice Experiments: Reply," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1064-1066.
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:
- > Environmental and Natural Resource Economics > Environmental Economics > Valuation > Choice experiments and conjoint analyses
- Lieckens, Kris & Colen, Pieter & Lambrecht, Marc, 2012. "Network and contract optimization for maintenance services with remanufacturing," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/370250, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- John Gibson & Riccardo Scarpa & Halahingano Rohorua, 2013. "Respiratory Health of Pacific Island Immigrants and Preferences for Indoor Air Quality Determinants in New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 13/09, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carl Demeyere).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.