Copula-based orderings of multivariate dependence
AbstractIn this paper I investigate the problem of defining a multivariate dependence ordering. First, I provide a characterization of the concordance dependence ordering between multivariate random vectors with fixed margins. Central to the characterization is a multivariate generalization of a well-known bivariate elementary dependence increasing rearrangement. Second, to order multivariate random vectors with non-fixed margins, I impose a scale invariance principle which leads to a copula-based concordance dependence ordering. Finally, a wide family of copula-based measures of dependence is characterized to which Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient belongs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in its series Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven with number urn:hdl:123456789/267266.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.kuleuven.be
Copula; Concordance ordering; dependence measures; dependence orderings; Multivariate stochastic dominance; Supermodular ordering;
Other versions of this item:
- Koen DECANCQ, 2010. "Copula-based orderings of multivariate dependence," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces10.08, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- DECANCQ, Koen, 2010. "Copula-based orderings of multivariate dependence," CORE Discussion Papers 2010012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ana C. CEBRIÁN & Michel DENUIT & Olivier SCAILLET, 2002. "Testing for Concordance Ordering," FAME Research Paper Series rp41, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Koen DECANCQ, 2009.
"Copula-based measurement of dependence between dimensions of well-being,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces09.24, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Decancq, Koen, 2009. "Copula-based measurement of dependence between dimensions of well-being," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/253173, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Decancq K, 2009. "Copula-based Measurement of Dependence Between Dimensions of Well-being," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/32, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carl Demeyere).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.