Monetary policy in EMU when the transmission is asymmetric and uncertain
AbstractIn this paper we address the issue of how transmission uncertainty could affect the choice between a federal monetary policy based on national data and one on aggregated data.We find that the uncertainty about the transmission process increases the need to take into account information about national economies in the formulation of optimal monetary policies in a monetary union.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in its series Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven with number urn:hdl:123456789/119408.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.kuleuven.be
EMU; Policy; Working;
Other versions of this item:
- Paul De Grauwe & Marc-Alexandre Sénégas, 2003. "Monetary Policy in EMU when the Transmission is Asymmetric and Uncertain," CESifo Working Paper Series 891, CESifo Group Munich.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Letterie, Wilko, 1997.
"Better monetary control may decrease the distortion of stabilisation policy: a comment,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-20500, Maastricht University.
- Letterie, Wilko, 1997. " Better Monetary Control May Decrease the Distortion of Stabilisation Policy: A Comment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(3), pages 463-70, September.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Huefner, Felix P., 2002.
"Is the View from the Eurotower Purely European? National Divergence and ECB Interest Rate Policy,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
02-69, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Friedrich Heinemann & Felix P. Huefner, 2004. "Is The View From The Eurotower Purely European? - National Divergence And Ecb Interest Rate Policy," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(4), pages 544-558, 09.
- Huefner, Felix P & Friedrich Heinemann, 2003. "Is the View from the Eurotower Purely European? - National Divergence and ECB Interest Rate Policy," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 110, Royal Economic Society.
- Rudi Dornbusch & Carlo Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 1998. "Immediate challenges for the European Central Bank," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 15-64, 04.
- Daniel Gros & Carsten Hefeker, 2000.
"One Size Must Fit All. National Divergences in a Monetary Union,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
326, CESifo Group Munich.
- Daniel Gros & Carsten Hefeker, 2002. "One Size Must Fit All: National Divergences in a Monetary Union," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(3), pages 247-262, 08.
- Ellen E. Meade & D. Nathan Sheets, 2002.
"Regional influences on U.S. monetary policy: some implications for Europe,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
721, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ellen E. Meade & D. Nathan Sheets, 2002. "Regional Influences on U.S. Monetary Policy: Some Implications for Europe," CEP Discussion Papers dp0523, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Carlo A. Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 1998. "The Immediate Challenges for the European Central Bank," NBER Working Papers 6369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Haan, Leo de & Sterken, Elmer, 2004.
"Asset Price Shocks, Real Expenditures, and Financial Structure:A Multi-Country Analysis,"
CCSO Working Papers
200411, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Leo de Haan & Elmer Sterken, 2008. "Asset Price Shocks, Real Expenditures, and Financial Structure: A Multi-Country Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 2342, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Leo de Haan & Elmer Sterken, 2004. "Asset Price Shocks, Real Expenditures, and Financial Structure: A Multi-Country Analysis," DNB Working Papers 014, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- David G. Mayes & Matti Virén, 2004.
"Asymmetries in the Euro area economy,"
- Hefeker, Carsten, 2004.
"Uncertainty, Wage Setting and Decision Making in a Monetary Union,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
272, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Carsten Hefeker, 2005. "Uncertainty, Wage Setting and Decision Making in a Monetary Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 1485, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carl Demeyere).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.