International entrepreneurship in local SMEs suppliers networks
AbstractThe objective of this study is to analyse the influence of a multinational corporation (MNC) on the productive network of the host territory and the proliferation of entrepreneurs. In particular, an attempt has been made to analyse the influence on the exporting activities of local SMEs – both suppliers and non-suppliers. The study has shown that strategic integrated suppliers show greater exporting tendencies than those that are not considered to be strategic suppliers for an MNC. Similarly, those companies whose founder and/or part of the executive team have worked previously in a multinational corporation show greater levels of export activity compared with those founded by local entrepreneurs
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in its series Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid with number info:hdl:10016/7321.
Length: 241 p.
Date of creation: Nov 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2004-11) v.v. 5, p.231-239
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es
International entrepreneurship; Internationalization; Smes; Multinational corporations; Networks; Externalities;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brian Aitken & Gordon H. Hanson & Ann E. Harrison, 1994.
"Spillovers, Foreign Investment, and Export Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
4967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, Brian & Hanson, Gordon H. & Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Spillovers, foreign investment, and export behavior," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 103-132, August.
- Aitken, B. & Hanson, G.H. & Harrison, A.E., 1994. "Spillovers, Foreign Investment and Export Behavior," Papers 95-06, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Barry, F & Bradley, J, 1997.
""FDI and Trade : The Irish Host-Country Experience","
97/13, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995.
"Industrial Development in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-90, October.
- Bedi, A.S. & Cieslik, A., 2000. "Foreign direct investment and host country regional export performance : evidence from Poland," ISS Working Papers - General Series 1765019065, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University (ISS), The Hague.
- Prashantham, Shameen & McNaughton, Rod B., 2006. "Facilitation of links between multinational subsidiaries and SMEs: The Scottish Technology and Collaboration (STAC) initiative," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 447-462, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.